Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
maybe we should make a list of games that don't work anymore and are no longer supported by the dev
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
seven Jul 7, 2018
the bannersaga:
doesn't work anymore with ubuntu 18.04 and derivatives
on the steamforums the moderator said that updating (fixing) the game was not a priority

in terminal:
STDERR:
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/seven/.steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
hodasemi Jul 7, 2018
We should consider an extra wiki page for this, since forum posts are quite hard to handle if there are more than 2 pages.
seven Jul 7, 2018
how do we go about that?
Avehicle7887 Jul 7, 2018
While I like the idea, however the terminal output you posted for Banner Saga seems something that can be fixed.
hodasemi Jul 7, 2018
This preload error is known and can safely be ignored:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/31

Your problem must have a different source
seven Jul 7, 2018
seems that everybody that upgraded to 18.04 has that problem, is there a solution so i can post it on the steam forum?

every other game runs fine, so i doubt that the problem is at my end.
Julius Jul 8, 2018
Warlock 2 has game breaking bugs under Linux that are not going to be fixed.
Ehvis Jul 8, 2018
Problems like this are usually fairly simple dependency problems. The most common culprit is that a game comes with a libSDL version that is not compatible with other things in the system, which is often solved by deleting it from the game so the system one is used. Experiment a bit.

With the hope for larger scale Linux support, these sort of dependency issues are a bit worrying though.
Shmerl Jul 8, 2018
Developers of Banner Saga use some dead Adobe tools - just avoid that game.
seven Jul 8, 2018
Quoting: JuliusWarlock 2 has game breaking bugs under Linux that are not going to be fixed.

thats why we need a list of games that don't work and won't get fixed
wolfyrion Jul 8, 2018
if you go to the beta Tab there is a linuxfix beta

Can you try that?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.