Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
maybe we should make a list of games that don't work anymore and are no longer supported by the dev
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
seven Jul 9, 2018
Quoting: wolfyrionif you go to the beta Tab there is a linuxfix beta

Can you try that?

that doesnt work, i already tried that
g000h Jul 9, 2018
This idea needs to be implemented properly. Here's some ideas:

Report the system you are having problems playing the game, e.g. distribution, graphics card, processor, graphics driver version, amount of ram.

There should be potential to have systems listed where the game works, as well as places it does not.

This next suggestion would be very useful for all readers:
How to fix the game, e.g. steam command-line parameters, config file changes, library installs.

It would be a great reference tool, if done well.
seven Jul 9, 2018
Quoting: g000hThis idea needs to be implemented properly. Here's some ideas:

Report the system you are having problems playing the game, e.g. distribution, graphics card, processor, graphics driver version, amount of ram.

There should be potential to have systems listed where the game works, as well as places it does not.

This next suggestion would be very useful for all readers:
How to fix the game, e.g. steam command-line parameters, config file changes, library installs.

It would be a great reference tool, if done well.
i totally agree, i would check it before buying a game. it would save a lot of people money and not too mention the dissapointment you feel when you pay for a game and it just doesn't work
razing32 Jul 9, 2018
I'm in favor of this idea
I have a VERY long wishlist
By the time I get around to buying a game maybe devs dropped it and I can no longer get it to work.
Mountain Man Jul 17, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlDevelopers of Banner Saga use some dead Adobe tools - just avoid that game.
They're also releasing the Banner Saga Trilogy as a physical release for the Nintendo Switch but are opting for a cheaper, undersized cartridge which will force customers to download some portion of the games anyway, which undermines the whole point of a physical release. They do not seem to be a reputable developer.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.