DiRT Rally GOL League - Group R4
Page: «2/5»
  Go to:
Xpander Jul 30, 2018
First post updated with the results!

Finland is Running.

Sadly i didn't have time to do this event. Was on a vacation and watching real WRC rally in Finland.
tuubi Jul 30, 2018
Quoting: XpanderWas on a vacation and watching real WRC rally in Finland.
Must have been nice to see your countryman Tänak take the win. :)
tuubi Aug 3, 2018
Finland done. I concentrated on keeping the car on the road and didn't really push very hard, but still managed to lose a tyre (and quite a lot of time) on the fourth stage.
Xpander Aug 4, 2018
Finland done. Those cars are quite slow in terms of acceleration. Top speed is fine though. Mitsubishi didnt work for me cause the wheel was on the wrong side. Subaru has worse Acceleration but at least has 6 gears. Managed to do all Clean with minor mistakes like going wide here and there. Did not get the setup correct either, it was quite bumpy so i tried to avoid cuting from ditches like i usually do :)

Summary:
S1-S6: Clean

Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: XpanderWas on a vacation and watching real WRC rally in Finland.
Must have been nice to see your countryman Tänak take the win. :)

It was amazing yeah :) also another country man won in JWRC class
cip91sk Aug 5, 2018
I thought I couldn't manage to finish the event in time! Luckily I miscalculated my time zone relative to UTC :P
Quoting: tuubi[...] but still managed to lose a tyre (and quite a lot of time) on the fourth stage.
I feel you, fourth stage was a nightmare, I think my radiator will haunt me after this..
Xpander Aug 5, 2018
First post updated. Sweden Next

Those cars feel quite boring to me tbh, not enough acceleration and corner speed. Subaru is pretty bad actually, you dont even reach the top speed much and not even use the 6th gear cause the engine is quite weak to get there, even on the straights in finland. Will try with Mitsubishi next one probably but its odd to drive when the steering wheel is on the wrong side :D
Arnvidr Aug 8, 2018
Well that was not very enjoyable. Having some serious stutter problems lately. Peaked today, on stage 5. Hard to drive with that going on. Still, not the worst stage times.
Xpander Aug 9, 2018
Sweden done. That went pretty bad. Mistake on every stage. Last 4 stages i got into the rythm more, but stupid mistakes ruined everything. Its really hard to drive when the steering wheel is on the wrong side, cause my brain is used to the different way around. Anyway Summary time.

S1:Spin at the high speed straight
S2:2x Spin
S3:Flew into snowbank, took me good 5 sec to get out of it.
S4:Flew into spectators +15 sec penalty
S4:Spin (super fast one - didnt loose much time)
S5:Spin, with reverse
tuubi Aug 11, 2018
I've been trying to do my run since this morning, but can't connect to Racenet. I did manage to start and did a decent first stage with only a couple of seconds off Xpander's time, but couldn't save the result. :(

I might have to give up for now. Codemasters deserve a swift kick to their collective backsides for letting this happen again and again.

EDIT: I managed to get the first two stages in (and I see my times on dirtgame.com), but wouldn't have time to finish the rest tonight even if the servers were working normally. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

EDIT2: Didn't work today (sunday) either. I guess Codemasters still doesn't care enough to fix their shit on a weekend. Their support might be getting another angry email from me.
Redface Aug 12, 2018
I could not connect racenet yeterday either, and still not today as I tried again. Looks like I wont finish this one.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.