You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
SteamPlay compatibility list
rcgamer commented on 18 October 2018 at 2:43 am UTC

Well, I have Final Fantasy xIII working. With the latest Proton I just changed the prefix to xp so that .net would install. It takes a long time to install , like 20-25 minutes. The controllers freeze up a lot but seem to unfreeze by pressing the two triggers and two shoulder buttons simultaneously. Runs good but has some stutters. It's playable but the controllers freezing is very annoying.
Edit-the game has random crashes. Using PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command% seems to be working to alleviate that but maybe I've just been lucky, we'll see.

Edit-apparently some windows 10 users have this same controller problem with the game.

FF XIII Video https://youtu.be/clmDbE-0Gss

coolbober commented on 19 October 2018 at 11:58 am UTC

Heroes of Might and Magic VI is working with 3.16-3 Beta. Heroes VII I will check this night.

rcgamer commented on 19 October 2018 at 8:46 pm UTC

WWE 2k15 seems to be working great now. Of course online is discontinued for this one but single player modes and vs work.

I guess it only matters for those who already have it as it's not sold on steam anymore.

WWE 2k16 works also.

WWE 2k16 video https://youtu.be/7FKyugjXa-c

rcgamer commented on 20 October 2018 at 12:09 am UTC

Y's origins works but it doesn't show the beginning video. Other than that it seems to work perfectly.

rcgamer commented on 20 October 2018 at 4:12 pm UTC

Little Nightmares seems to work fine now. You have to use the launch command -onethread and you need to install xact with winetricks

Video https://youtu.be/5ESogliRadI

rcgamer commented on 20 October 2018 at 5:36 pm UTC

I got final fantasy x/x2 to work using the PROTON_USE_WINED3D command but there are graphical glitches especially in the menu. With DXVK it crashes after about 10 seconds.

You have to change the prefix to xp to install .net then change it back to 7. Easiest thing to do is make a symlink for the ffx executable and rename the symlink to the name of the Launcher. Put the original launcher in a different folder. This way the launcher process won't get stuck (you have to kill it) and it will just launch the game itself.

You can use the same symlink trick with ff9 but the controller seems to be borked in that game.

A lot of the problems with the FF games are also on Windows. How a company like Square Enix gets away with the poor pc ports is beyond me.

rcgamer commented on 21 October 2018 at 5:38 pm UTC

Got NBA 2k16 working. You have to be in offline mode and then the game works fine other than of course the online features. Otherwise it just crashes after the splash screen. Think it needs xact as the volumes of the sounds are crazy high.

Made a video for it but youtube blocked it due to copyright claims. wtf.

bintsmok commented on 22 October 2018 at 5:18 am UTC

bintsmokDmC Devil May Cry and Doom 3 BFG Edition still don't work with Steam Play even when using Proton 3.16-1 beta.

Radeon RX 580 + Mesa 18.2.2 on Ubuntu MATE 18.04.1 LTS.

DmC still doesn't run with Proton 3.16-3 beta + Mesa 18.2.2.

Doom 3 BFG Edition still displays a blank white screen with Proton 3.16-3 beta + Mesa 18.2.3.

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 28 October 2018 at 1:38 pm UTC

SPCR now is ProtonDB.com

rcgamer commented on 28 October 2018 at 10:18 pm UTC

Shining Resonance Refrain seems to work perfectly out of the box. I played for over an hour and had absolutely no issues.

Video https://youtu.be/ZGqni3Fu9GM

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Everspace - Live. Fight. Die. Repeat.
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts