Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «20/21»
  Go to:
legluondunet Feb 9, 2019
Kingdom Reckoning on Steam with SteamPlay: just install it and play this great RPG on Linux!

Comandante Ñoñardo Feb 12, 2019
Murdered: Soul Suspect WORKS out of the box with PROTON 3.16-6, but it crash at the beginning of the cemetery cinematics...
The crash can be solved if this
-DX9
is in the game launch options...

I also observed that, when the game is in DX9 mode, the frame rate is no longer capped at 30FPS when VSYNC is enabled...
But, there are minor graphic glitches in DX9 mode...I guess is because the api is not properly supported by PROTON.
legluondunet Feb 12, 2019
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoMurdered: Soul Suspect WORKS out of the box with PROTON 3.16-6...

Very interesting game, I never heard of it until now. Just added it in my wish list.
mrdeathjr Feb 13, 2019
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoMurdered: Soul Suspect WORKS out of the box with PROTON 3.16-6, but it crash at the beginning of the cemetery cinematics...
The crash can be solved if this
-DX9
is in the game launch options...

I also observed that, when the game is in DX9 mode, the frame rate is no longer capped at 30FPS when VSYNC is enabled...
But, there are minor graphic glitches in DX9 mode...I guess is because the api is not properly supported by PROTON.

In last test this game works with dxvk and runs very well and with less cpu usage compared dx9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXQL0faLLCw

^_^
Comandante Ñoñardo Feb 13, 2019
I know that the game works in DX11 mode with DXVK, mrdeathjr, but it crash at the cemetery part.
Thief protonic test with High Quality preset...
Clive Barker's JERICHO (sadly removed from Steam, so I can not report it on PROTONDB) WORKS!
Sometimes with 30FPS and sometimes with 60FPS...
Maybe it uses just one or two cores because is an old game.

chris.echoz Feb 14, 2019
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoClive Barker's JERICHO (sadly removed from Steam, so I can not report it on PROTONDB) WORKS!

...snip...
That's not the only Codemasters game mysteriously gone from Steam. I have FUEL in my library which is also gone. Not sure why they would do that. Some licensing thing, maybe?

Also the sometimes 30 and sometimes 60 FPS thing is most likely due to vertical sync being enabled. If it can't do 60 it will lock to the closest evenly divisible frame rate, which is 30. Might have to change that in a config file. It wouldn't be the first Codemasters game to lack certain options in-game.
mrdeathjr Feb 14, 2019
Quoting: chris.echoz
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoClive Barker's JERICHO (sadly removed from Steam, so I can not report it on PROTONDB) WORKS!

...snip...
That's not the only Codemasters game mysteriously gone from Steam. I have FUEL in my library which is also gone. Not sure why they would do that. Some licensing thing, maybe?

Also the sometimes 30 and sometimes 60 FPS thing is most likely due to vertical sync being enabled. If it can't do 60 it will lock to the closest evenly divisible frame rate, which is 30.

Might have to change that in a config file. It wouldn't be the first Codemasters game to lack certain options in-game.

This game use dx9 wine regular implementation aka need higher single thread

In my case use 1 core at max and runs very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGZjcWYoiOg

For advanced options can use game.cfg on application data system folder for change various things*

*Begins in 0:16 of video

^_^
adamhm Feb 21, 2019
Quoting: adamhmStories: The Path of Destinies works, but crashes on exit with DXVK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg6ozwszwrfi1sf/stories-crash.png?dl=0

Also there's a slight graphics glitch that I was unable to resolve - the flat grey textured blocks around the platform are supposed to be a dust/smoke like effect: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgpogrma6gqsaeb/stories-glitch.png?dl=0 (although it doesn't seem to be a DXVK specific issue as it happens with WineD3D too)

Just tested the GOG version with Wine 4.1 & 4.2 + DXVK 0.96 - the DXVK crash on exit remains, but the other issue has been fixed :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.