Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «7/21»
  Go to:
I need to solve the mouse problem in Fallout 4...
I tried Dishonored 2 DEMO...

It run, but with bad performance...maybe there is a trick for to improve it.

whizse Sep 6, 2018
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoI tried with The Darkness 2 and Warhammer 40.000 space Marine and both didn't load.
The Darkness 2 will be a sticky wicket to fix for Valve. It uses their own CEG DRM so they would have to add support for it to the Linux Steam client. Notice that almost every Proton bug have been tagged, but no Valve employee have dared touch that particular issue with a ten foot pole:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/753
Sputnik_tr_02 Sep 7, 2018
Some more games i was able to run:

• BioShock Remastered
Video

I needed to add " PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command% " launch option to fix blurry textures an stuttering. Other than that no issues so far.

• FlatOut
Video

Runs out of the box. No issues.

• FlatOut 2
Video

Also runs out of the box without any issues. Highly recommend FlatOut games, they are really fun and impressive when you consider their age.
whizse Sep 7, 2018
Quite a few suggestions here for the issues with Fallout 4:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/308
Quoting: whizseQuite a few suggestions here for the issues with Fallout 4:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/308

bBackgroundMouse=1in Fallout4.ini solved the mouse problem...

Now, after some time, the game loose the sound and it crash the computer at exit.

I think the crash is due to Denuvo..

I'm gonna try with PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=30 %command%for the sound problem.
Bioshock 2 works, but it needs PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command%

And even with that, the game crash after few minutes... that is weird, because I played it on windows 7 flawlessly with all graphic details at maximum...
ageres Sep 8, 2018
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoAnd even with that, the game crash after few minutes... that is weird, because I played it on windows 7 flawlessly with all graphic details at maximum...
When I was playing on Windows 7, it crashed very often, especially in DLC.
Sputnik_tr_02 Sep 8, 2018
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoBioshock 2 works, but it needs PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command%

And even with that, the game crash after few minutes... that is weird, because I played it on windows 7 flawlessly with all graphic details at maximum...

You need to set texture quality to medium to prevent the crashes. I had the same problem when i played the game with wine. Everything else can be at maximum.

Unfortunately remastered version of BioShock 2 does not even work with Proton, stuck at "Press Space To Continue" screen.
whizse Sep 8, 2018
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoNow, after some time, the game loose the sound and it crash the computer at exit.

I think the crash is due to Denuvo..

I'm gonna try with PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=30 %command%for the sound problem.
If Fallout 4 is a 64bit binary it's probably the native xaudio libs. The support for those are very buggy in Wine.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.