Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Witcher 1 wine
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Shmerl Aug 2, 2019
I didn't try that, but regular vsync forcing shouldn't be broken really. It's a bug somewhere.
Shmerl Sep 13, 2019
No more blinking with latest d9vk! The game runs perfectly.

denyasis Aug 9, 2021
Also decided to play Witcher 1 (GOG with Lutris) after trying a little bit of 3 and realizing I have no clue what's going on plot wise.

It's fun, but I've run into the weirdest bug, I think. In the tutorial, after Leo dies, clicking on the meditate button when talking to Vessimer does nothing. Pretty much stopd all progression right there.

If tried looking at the wine appdb with no luck and googling. I've seen others post something similar, but no solutions.

I've tried re installing, restarting, mods, no mods. Each time the same thing happens... Clicking on meditation does nothing. So weird.

I'm sad because it's really fun, or already the tutorial is, lol. Any suggestions?

Last edited by denyasis on 9 August 2021 at 5:42 pm UTC
Shmerl Aug 9, 2021
Hm, I don't remember that particular bug. What if you reload some earlier save and try to replay that part?
denyasis Aug 9, 2021
Same thing. I've tried reloading manual and autosaves and complete restarts. I've gotten it down to when I can do the while tutorial mission in less than 20 min, lol. Only think I've not done is fight the frightener ( I always choose to go to the lab). I'll try that in a little bit when I get a break.

Edit: I did the frightener branch. Still same bug. Clicking on the meditate dialog option when talking to Vessimer does not start meditation

Last edited by denyasis on 9 August 2021 at 5:43 pm UTC
denyasis Aug 9, 2021
Holy mother of pearl, I finally figured it out.

Switched to my system default wine (6.13) instead of the Lutris version (6.14fshack).

Got the option to meditate! Sweet!

That was a weird one!

Last edited by denyasis on 9 August 2021 at 7:21 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.