Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group 2000
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Xpander Sep 27, 2018
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: Xpanderhttps://store.steampowered.com/app/690790/DiRT_Rally_20/

please Feral make the Linux port! Day 1 would be amazing.

Could use some new tracks badly :)
74.99€ to get access to all the tracks and cars? Uh... No hurry Feral. Not like I could afford it until it's at least 70% off. Looks cool though.

from where you get that info? i see only that the unlock rates (singleplayer) are higher on delux version and you get season-passes with it. I really hope they will do DLC's with new tracks this time around, while i don't like DLCs in general i think when they add new locations with a DLC(like old times expansions were) and ask some money for it its fine. I wished they update first Dirt Rally with new tracks though, but new game is also fine
tuubi Sep 27, 2018
QuoteThe DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition also includes:
Dirt Season I:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

Dirt Season II:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events
I thought this meant you wouldn't get those ten cars and six tracks with the base game. Looks like the DLC you were hoping for.

EDIT: I pretty much never buy a game without all its content DLC. Otherwise I feel like I'm getting only a partial game.
Xpander Sep 27, 2018
Quoting: tuubi
QuoteThe DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition also includes:
Dirt Season I:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events

Dirt Season II:
x3 tracks
x5 cars
In-Game Bonuses
High reward events
I thought this meant you wouldn't get those ten cars and six tracks with the base game. Looks like the DLC you were hoping for.

yeah i can read that, but i dont think it's like that. It's the season passes afaik. which will bring more content to the game. With delux edition you will get them for free if the time comes for those, with normal version you can just buy the Season DLC or whatever it will be called. All the 6 locations and tracks are in the base game as well afaik. Though more info would be needed as its pretty badly worded there.

I'm not even worried about the price at all, i have gotten more than 140 hours out of Dirt Rally and im quite sure i will get at least same on DIrt Rally 2, if its ofc similar game to the first game and not some arcade bullshit.
tuubi Sep 27, 2018
Quoting: XpanderI'm not even worried about the price at all, i have gotten more than 140 hours out of Dirt Rally and im quite sure i will get at least same on DIrt Rally 2, if its ofc similar game to the first game and not some arcade bullshit.
I doubt they'll mess up the winning formula. They know the first game was a success and there's no reason to take any pointless risks with the sequel.

The point about the game being worth the price, I wholeheartedly agree. You couldn't tell by my results but I've got probably double your hours in the game. Still, I can barely justify spending this much on games in a year.
Fakeman_Pretendname Sep 29, 2018
You definitely can't tell by my league times, but according to Steam, I've got 160 hours out of Dirt Rally so far (it's #4 behind Crusader Kings, Stellaris and Motorsport manager, so it's #1 in "games that don't involve loads of reading").

The deluxe one seems a bit pricey, but even so - if I compare it to the price of beers, is it more fun than 20 beers? I think I'd happily miss 4-5 trips to the pub over the next 2 years for Dirt Rally 2. I'd imagine I'd go for the standard one and get the extras later.

Anyway, I didn't have enough time for Monaco, but I finished Finland, but not stylishly. I'm quite impressed with my times, given that I completed 2 stages with only 3 wheels. No slower than normal anyway :)

S1: Fine (for me), 48 seconds behind
S2: Lost a front wheel on 1st section, 1m 28 behind
S3: Several trees and getting stuck behind scenery, 58 seconds behind
S4: Lost a rear wheel halfway through, several additional huge crashes, only 42 seconds behind???

Incidentally, if anyone's wondered whether it's worth using the "Replace Puncture 1m 30", the answer seems to be no.
Xpander Sep 29, 2018
Finland done. Did not get the setup correct to my liking, but it wasnt terrible either.

Summary:
S1: Small trip to the forest, lucky to not hit any trees
S2: Clean
S3: Clean
S4: Rear left puncture few corners before the last sector started. Lost good 15 sec there driving on a rim
Arnvidr Sep 30, 2018
DNF on the last two events for me, so I'm a little behind :p

Having put 280 hours into Dirt Rally, I definitely feel like I got my money's worth out of it, but I'm close to packing up my suitcase and uninstalling.

Don't really want to get into another similar time-sink for a while either, but by the time 2.0 releases I might be ready again.

Didn't seem like hillclimb would be part of it, but the rallycross stuff is still there. I don't understand that mode at all, I'm utterly horrible at it!

Also, new areas is definitely tempting! But the deluxe seems utterly pointless? At least unless they explain what they mean. It seems like a bunch of "bypass the grind" content.

Doesn't seem like Dirt 4 has been released for linux, so hard to tell if this will be available native.
Xpander Oct 1, 2018
deluxe stuff is explained more here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/2747650363454402472/

basically its for the season passes, the content that will come after the release at some point

as for DIRT 4, no wonder its not ported to linux, it basically failed, it hasn't even sold quarter of what Dirt Rally did, according to old steamdb info. But yeah let's wait and see, i think Dirt Rally was successful for Feral, even though its not for everybody.
Xpander Oct 6, 2018
Germany done. Terrible. Didn't get the break balance right, got it better for the last 2 stages but lots of mistakes anyway :(

S1: Spin at hairpin
S2: Crash into stones with reverse needed, Crash into trees with reverse needed
S3: Overshoot the hairpin, reverse needed
S4: Clean
tuubi Oct 6, 2018
My screen kept freezing during the first stage until I alt-tabbed out and back to the game. Happened seven or eight times during the stage. Disabling "Force full composition pipeline" seems to have fixed it, but required me to enable V-Sync again. I've seen this happen in Rocket League a couple of times lately, and in Dirt Rally occasionally. Might be something to do with the 396.54 driver series.

Anyway, tried a different car again. The Subaru felt heavy and (without tweaking) has a lower top speed than the Ford and the Citroën. But it really stuck to the road and felt satisfying to swing around corners when I managed to do it right. Result isn't great, but it could have been worse. Looking at Starving's run in the same car, could have been a lot better as well. :P
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.