Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Humble Early Reveal
g000h Sep 22, 2018
With the current Humble Monthly Subscription, the main Early Reveal is Overwatch which isn't a native Linux game, and even if it were on Linux it isn't a title I'd especially favour. So, I waited until 21st September, and Paused a Month on my Subscription, and Humble asked Why I was Pausing in a little text answer box.

I gave my reasons - Namely, I'm a Linux gamer and I favour games on Linux, and when the Early Reveal is a Windows-only title, then I'm unlikely to get that month's subscription.

Then, two days later, as if they'd read and responded to my Pause response - They added two new Early Reveal titles : Dungeons 3 (for Linux) - a prime draw for me, and Hidden Folks (for Linux) - not bad, I could have some fun with this.

So, guess what - I have unpaused my Humble Subscription and I'll be picking up the October bundle. Hope there are a couple more hidden Linux gems in it.
lucifertdark Sep 22, 2018
It'll be worth it for just those two games anything else will be a bonus. :D
Ehvis Sep 22, 2018
I can add something weird to that. I always ignored the monthly since I didn't feel like paying the Windows only publishers. For this I suddenly got a 10% discount. I still didn't buy it. Early it went to 30%. I wonder if that has something to do with all my purchases having been from Linux.

I gave in. :D Decided that Blizzard was worth a small fee for swiftly correcting the Linux bans. And I'm actually enjoying Overwatch as well.
Ehvis Sep 22, 2018
They are counted as a Linux sale by Humble. I don't think they're counted as a sale by Steam at all.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.