Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Hitman 2’s Denuvo Protection Cracked Three Days Before Launch
stretch611 Nov 20, 2018
I hate DRM... I can tolerate Steam, but it is all horrible...

According to TorrentFreak, the long-awaiting stealth game Hitman 2 – which comes ‘protected’ by the latest variant of Denuvo (v5.3) – leaked online. Aside from having its protection circumvented, this happened three days before the title’s official launch on November 13.

It appears that a relatively new cracking group called FCKDRM obtained a version of Hitman 2 that was only available to those who pre-ordered the game. While several groups have been chipping away at Denuvo for some time, FCKDRM is a new entrant (at least by branding) to the cracking scene. (Note: The group is not related to the FCKDRM initiative, an anti-DRM site launched by GOG.com, even though it does use the logo.)

It should be noted that the owners of Denuvo released marketing material a few months ago suggesting that even 4 days of protection (actually even hours according to them) is worth the price of their DRM. (However, no mention of -3 days.)

(I wasn't sure where to post this... but I figured it affects WINE more than it affects Native Linux)
Comandante Ñoñardo Nov 20, 2018
My theory is that GOG indeed can be related with this... "Release your games DRMFREE in our store and earn money, or waste your money with DRM"
Shmerl Nov 20, 2018
Another DRM bites the dust. Good riddance.
Hamish Nov 20, 2018
Speaking of which, I just noticed that the FCKDRM website now lists itch.io and FireFlower Games alongside GOG.com in their gaming section.
Avehicle7887 Nov 20, 2018
Less (or no) money should spent on stupid DRM, more investments in cross platform support.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.