Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Driving Wheels : worth upgrading from DFGT to G29 or G920?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Xpander Dec 8, 2018
Uhh since you made me jelaous,i went ahead and ordered wheel also from ebay. ~300€, but then i noticed its G29 with pedals and shifter included, but on the bottom of the page the info was that its G920. So i contacted the seller to cancel it if its G29 or change it to G920 if its possible. lets wait and see :)
tuubi Dec 8, 2018
I just saw the G920 (wheel and pedals, no shifter) on sale for 229€ a couple of days ago. If I hadn't just bought a new GPU and if I had a place to actually attach the wheel in front of the TV, I'd have seriously considered buying it.
Xpander Dec 10, 2018
Ok got it changed to G920, should arrive this week. cost me around 300€ togheter with h-shifter, new ofc
How you guys, who have G920, use the handbreak? it doesn't have dedicated handbreak stick and h-shifter doesn't either afaik. With my DFGT i binded my gear stick to handbreak, but with h-shifter it feels odd i guess and i probably should use manual gear shifting for older cars then instead of the paddles.
Skully Dec 10, 2018
With my G920 I just use the 'B' button (red button) for handbrake in dirt rally.
Xpander Dec 14, 2018
Got the wheel. I used RSB for handbrake, tried also Shifter as handbreak, tried Clutch pedal as handbrake, nothing works well. It takes superb amount of time to get used to i guess. Break pedal is hardcore stiff also. I dont know how i will manage to do this round in dirt rally :D
Skully Dec 14, 2018
I use the clutch pedal for brake pedal in dirt rally. As I like to left foot brake in rally driving. In games where I actually use the shifter, I use the proper brake pedal for braking. But I adjust the linearity and sensitivity so I don't have to push crazy hard. Lastly the stopper in the brake pedal does seem to get softer with use or you can easily remove it.
Xpander Dec 14, 2018
Quoting: SkullyI use the clutch pedal for brake pedal in dirt rally. As I like to left foot brake in rally driving. In games where I actually use the shifter, I use the proper brake pedal for braking. But I adjust the linearity and sensitivity so I don't have to push crazy hard. Lastly the stopper in the brake pedal does seem to get softer with use or you can easily remove it.

I already removed the stupid rubber plug from the break pedal :) its now fine and you can actually feel the pedal now.
slaapliedje Dec 15, 2018
I actually managed to get a G27 like three months before they announced the G29. I like it a lot.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.