You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group 80s
Xpander commented on 4 December 2018 at 6:49 pm UTC

League Website: https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/85340/gol-4fun

Season Completed

• Every Event has 5 stages in total, 1 being long stage

• Service Area after every stage

• Checkpoint after every 2 stages.

• Car tuning after every 2 stages.

• Weather is Randomized (ofc same for everybody)

• Restarts not Allowed

• Car restrictions for Group 80s

• Every event lasts 1 week (except the first one is almost 2 days shorter)

Happy Drifting!

Sweden:

Monaco:

Finland:

Germany:

Greece:

UK:

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Rank Name Points
1 Xpander 129
2 Skully 129
3 tuubi 60
4 Meneghedson 57
5 Pharos 45
6 Redface 38
7 Fakeman Pretendname 18
8 Ananace 12
9 Probably Alligator 10

Xpander commented on 5 December 2018 at 7:43 pm UTC

Sweden done. Lots of mistakes. Fun to drive though. I tried all the cars before jumping in. BMW: Light from the back, wheels spinning too much with no traction. Ford: Quite slow with acceleration, not enough RPMs, but easy to take corners. Renault: Most stable from those, Good traction, but lots of understeering. I chose BMW in the end and ohh boy how sweaty i was at the end, lots of work with the wheel. Suspension and Dampners a bit more into Firm, Differential bit more into Loose and break balance 1 click into the rear, because i have no clutch on my pedals to make it turn better.

Summary:

S1: Clean
S2: Stuck in the snowbank for 10 sec
S3: Clean
S4: Roll on straight, lost lots of time because visibility was basically zero, slow driving
S5: Spin at high speed, reverse needed. Lost about 5 sec.

Overall i was flying like crazy on the stages (at least it felt like it was maximum what i could do) except the stage where it was snowing. Lets see what others will do

Xpander commented on 8 December 2018 at 9:14 am UTC

Ohh damn you Skully, you beat me. How did you manage to drive so fast on the 4th stage? it seems that stage was my doom, i lost 20 sec for you there. yeah the roll took about 5-6 sec but i had basically zero visibility to drive there. Maybe my monitor settings are bad? I basically just saw like 2-3m from the hood/bonnet, so i just had to use the co-drive words for the track

Skully commented on 8 December 2018 at 11:36 pm UTC

I beat you on Track 2, 4 and 5. It was stage 4 I gained most time, about 14sec. So when starting stage 5 I was only 3sec behind. I had a clean run on all of them pretty much. Track 5 was hard to see, but I know the track anyway. So not soo bad. Possibly using a 40" screen helped me to see better? I felt right on the edge of my abilities the entire time, really had to work hard with the wheel. I could feel the burn in my arms. And still I only just won even though you had a few costly mistakes.

tuubi commented on 9 December 2018 at 9:11 am UTC

I had fun, but I didn't even try to push. I just concentrated on keeping the car on the road and drove like I had tachophobia.

Xpander... but i had basically zero visibility to drive there. Maybe my monitor settings are bad? I basically just saw like 2-3m from the hood/bonnet, so i just had to use the co-drive words for the track
Try turning off advanced fog. Although you might consider that cheating.

Xpander commented on 9 December 2018 at 9:22 am UTC

tuubiTry turning off advanced fog. Although you might consider that cheating.

Thanks, i will try that next time. I don't think the fog is that intense in real life with snow. I never seen that intense fog when snowing at least

tuubi commented on 9 December 2018 at 10:17 am UTC

Xpander
tuubiTry turning off advanced fog. Although you might consider that cheating.

Thanks, i will try that next time. I don't think the fog is that intense in real life with snow. I never seen that intense fog when snowing at least
I think they're trying to simulate the way snowfall limits visibility, but it's not very realistic.

Xpander commented on 14 December 2018 at 11:09 pm UTC

Ok new wheel(G920) new challenges. Did just 2 stages today after removing the stupid rubber plug from the break pedal that made it nearly impossible to break. Lots of mistakes because im not used to the handbreak being a button on the wheel.

S1: 3 spins, all with reverse needed, all in hairpin
S2: 1 spin at the hairpin, with reverse needed

will update later when i finish other stages.
Overall the new wheel feels much better, but just have to get used to the handbreak and pedals. Rest is quite enjoyable'

edit:

S3: 2 spins at haipin
S4: spin at the hairpin
S5: clean

Considering it went that bad im actually suprised i lost just 2 sec to Skully
Last stage went pretty well, at least the hairpins with my new handbreak setup, lets see what i can do in finland

Fakeman_Pretendname commented on 15 December 2018 at 11:37 pm UTC

I got an unrecoverable fall-off-the-edge on the 4th stage. As for learning the G920 - up until I fell off the track, I was roughly on par with my times from previous tournaments (i.e. ~1min behind on a long stage, 30s behind on a short stage) so I'm almost used to it after a couple of weeks. I left the rubber bit in, but adjusted the brake sensitivity so it hits 100% just at the rubber bit - though it might be a better long term solution to remove it.

Incidentally, did you find the buttons set up strangely in Dirt Rally on yours (i.e. button 2 & 3 are mapped wrongly in menus, so button 2 goes back as well as loads setup etc). I had to edit the DiRT Rallyshare/data/input/feral_lg_g920.xml

Xpander commented on 16 December 2018 at 4:03 pm UTC

Fakeman_PretendnameI got an unrecoverable fall-off-the-edge on the 4th stage. As for learning the G920 - up until I fell off the track, I was roughly on par with my times from previous tournaments (i.e. ~1min behind on a long stage, 30s behind on a short stage) so I'm almost used to it after a couple of weeks. I left the rubber bit in, but adjusted the brake sensitivity so it hits 100% just at the rubber bit - though it might be a better long term solution to remove it.

Incidentally, did you find the buttons set up strangely in Dirt Rally on yours (i.e. button 2 & 3 are mapped wrongly in menus, so button 2 goes back as well as loads setup etc). I had to edit the DiRT Rallyshare/data/input/feral_lg_g920.xml

yeah buttons are messed up like you described. i haven't dealt with the modifying yet, used keyboard in the menus so it wont do weird things. I first tried also to play with the saturation of the break pedal and made it 100% pressed once it hit the rubber, but then there was so small pedal traveling that i had no feel for the breaks and always locked up hardcore. So i decided to remove the rubber plug and its amazing now.

Fakeman_Pretendname commented on 16 December 2018 at 6:23 pm UTC

Hmm, I'm tempted to get my screwdrivers out and do the same

If you fancy editing the buttons, I think this is most of it:

Spoiler, click me
(Assuming default install for steam games library)
  • Go to .steam/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/share/data/input

• Open feral_lg_g920.xml in your preferred text editor

• Find this section:

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Select">
    <Axis id="di_button_0" type="uniDirPos" />

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Back">
    <Axis id="di_button_1" type="uniDirPos" />

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button3">

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button4">
    <Axis id="di_button_2" type="uniDirPos" />

• Replace with the following:

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Select">
    <Axis id="di_button_0" type="uniDirPos" />

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Back">

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button3">
    <Axis id="di_button_2" type="uniDirPos" />

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button4">
    <Axis id="di_button_3" type="uniDirPos" />

• Add this bit underneath if you want to be able to switch weather/livery without using F3/F4 or whatever

<Action id="Menu Left Shoulder">
    <Axis id="di_button_4" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Right Shoulder">
    <Axis id="di_button_5" />

I might have made some other adjustments to the file, but those should get all menus making sense.

In game, you have to go to the control/controller settings and load the G920 preset for it to re-read the values - though note this will reset your saturation/linearity settings, so make sure you remember, write down or save them first.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts