Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group 80s
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Xpander Dec 4, 2018
League Website: https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/85340/gol-4fun

Season Completed

[

• Every Event has 5 stages in total, 1 being long stage

• Service Area after every stage

• Checkpoint after every 2 stages.

• Car tuning after every 2 stages.

• Weather is Randomized (ofc same for everybody)

• Restarts not Allowed

• Car restrictions for Group 80s

• Every event lasts 1 week (except the first one is almost 2 days shorter)

Happy Drifting!

Sweden:
[

Monaco:
[

Finland:
[

Germany:
[

Greece:
[

UK:
[

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Rank Name Points
1 Xpander 129
2 Skully 129
3 tuubi 60
4 Meneghedson 57
5 Pharos 45
6 Redface 38
7 Fakeman Pretendname 18
8 Ananace 12
9 Probably Alligator 10
Xpander Dec 5, 2018
Sweden done. Lots of mistakes. Fun to drive though. I tried all the cars before jumping in. BMW: Light from the back, wheels spinning too much with no traction. Ford: Quite slow with acceleration, not enough RPMs, but easy to take corners. Renault: Most stable from those, Good traction, but lots of understeering. I chose BMW in the end and ohh boy how sweaty i was at the end, lots of work with the wheel. Suspension and Dampners a bit more into Firm, Differential bit more into Loose and break balance 1 click into the rear, because i have no clutch on my pedals to make it turn better.

Summary:

S1: Clean
S2: Stuck in the snowbank for 10 sec
S3: Clean
S4: Roll on straight, lost lots of time because visibility was basically zero, slow driving
S5: Spin at high speed, reverse needed. Lost about 5 sec.

Overall i was flying like crazy on the stages (at least it felt like it was maximum what i could do) except the stage where it was snowing. Lets see what others will do :)
Xpander Dec 8, 2018
Ohh damn you Skully, you beat me. How did you manage to drive so fast on the 4th stage? it seems that stage was my doom, i lost 20 sec for you there. yeah the roll took about 5-6 sec but i had basically zero visibility to drive there. Maybe my monitor settings are bad? I basically just saw like 2-3m from the hood/bonnet, so i just had to use the co-drive words for the track :)
Skully Dec 8, 2018
I beat you on Track 2, 4 and 5. It was stage 4 I gained most time, about 14sec. So when starting stage 5 I was only 3sec behind. I had a clean run on all of them pretty much. Track 5 was hard to see, but I know the track anyway. So not soo bad. Possibly using a 40" screen helped me to see better? I felt right on the edge of my abilities the entire time, really had to work hard with the wheel. I could feel the burn in my arms. And still I only just won even though you had a few costly mistakes.
tuubi Dec 9, 2018
I had fun, but I didn't even try to push. I just concentrated on keeping the car on the road and drove like I had tachophobia.

Quoting: Xpander... but i had basically zero visibility to drive there. Maybe my monitor settings are bad? I basically just saw like 2-3m from the hood/bonnet, so i just had to use the co-drive words for the track :)
Try turning off advanced fog. Although you might consider that cheating.
Xpander Dec 9, 2018
Quoting: tuubiTry turning off advanced fog. Although you might consider that cheating.

Thanks, i will try that next time. I don't think the fog is that intense in real life with snow. I never seen that intense fog when snowing at least :D
tuubi Dec 9, 2018
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: tuubiTry turning off advanced fog. Although you might consider that cheating.

Thanks, i will try that next time. I don't think the fog is that intense in real life with snow. I never seen that intense fog when snowing at least :D
I think they're trying to simulate the way snowfall limits visibility, but it's not very realistic.
Xpander Dec 14, 2018
Ok new wheel(G920) new challenges. Did just 2 stages today after removing the stupid rubber plug from the break pedal that made it nearly impossible to break. Lots of mistakes because im not used to the handbreak being a button on the wheel.

S1: 3 spins, all with reverse needed, all in hairpin :(
S2: 1 spin at the hairpin, with reverse needed

will update later when i finish other stages.
Overall the new wheel feels much better, but just have to get used to the handbreak and pedals. Rest is quite enjoyable'

edit:

S3: 2 spins at haipin
S4: spin at the hairpin
S5: clean

Considering it went that bad im actually suprised i lost just 2 sec to Skully
Last stage went pretty well, at least the hairpins with my new handbreak setup, lets see what i can do in finland
Fakeman_Pretendname Dec 15, 2018
I got an unrecoverable fall-off-the-edge on the 4th stage. As for learning the G920 - up until I fell off the track, I was roughly on par with my times from previous tournaments (i.e. ~1min behind on a long stage, 30s behind on a short stage) so I'm almost used to it after a couple of weeks. I left the rubber bit in, but adjusted the brake sensitivity so it hits 100% just at the rubber bit - though it might be a better long term solution to remove it.

Incidentally, did you find the buttons set up strangely in Dirt Rally on yours (i.e. button 2 & 3 are mapped wrongly in menus, so button 2 goes back as well as loads setup etc). I had to edit the DiRT Rallyshare/data/input/feral_lg_g920.xml
Xpander Dec 16, 2018
Quoting: Fakeman_PretendnameI got an unrecoverable fall-off-the-edge on the 4th stage. As for learning the G920 - up until I fell off the track, I was roughly on par with my times from previous tournaments (i.e. ~1min behind on a long stage, 30s behind on a short stage) so I'm almost used to it after a couple of weeks. I left the rubber bit in, but adjusted the brake sensitivity so it hits 100% just at the rubber bit - though it might be a better long term solution to remove it.

Incidentally, did you find the buttons set up strangely in Dirt Rally on yours (i.e. button 2 & 3 are mapped wrongly in menus, so button 2 goes back as well as loads setup etc). I had to edit the DiRT Rallyshare/data/input/feral_lg_g920.xml

yeah buttons are messed up like you described. i haven't dealt with the modifying yet, used keyboard in the menus so it wont do weird things. I first tried also to play with the saturation of the break pedal and made it 100% pressed once it hit the rubber, but then there was so small pedal traveling that i had no feel for the breaks and always locked up hardcore. So i decided to remove the rubber plug and its amazing now.
Fakeman_Pretendname Dec 16, 2018
Hmm, I'm tempted to get my screwdrivers out and do the same :)

If you fancy editing the buttons, I think this is most of it:

Spoiler, click me
(Assuming default install for steam games library)
  • Go to .steam/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/share/data/input

• Open feral_lg_g920.xml in your preferred text editor

• Find this section:

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Select">
    <Axis id="di_button_0" type="uniDirPos" />

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Back">
    <Axis id="di_button_1" type="uniDirPos" />

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button3">

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button4">
    <Axis id="di_button_2" type="uniDirPos" />

• Replace with the following:

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Select">
    <Axis id="di_button_0" type="uniDirPos" />

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Back">

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button3">
    <Axis id="di_button_2" type="uniDirPos" />

</Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button4">
    <Axis id="di_button_3" type="uniDirPos" />

• Add this bit underneath if you want to be able to switch weather/livery without using F3/F4 or whatever

<Action id="Menu Left Shoulder">
    <Axis id="di_button_4" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Right Shoulder">
    <Axis id="di_button_5" />

I might have made some other adjustments to the file, but those should get all menus making sense.

In game, you have to go to the control/controller settings and load the G920 preset for it to re-read the values - though note this will reset your saturation/linearity settings, so make sure you remember, write down or save them first.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.