Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group 80s
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Xpander Dec 21, 2018
Finland Done. Enjoyed like always. Still can't get the hang of the handbreak button yet, but its getting better.

S1: Clean
S2: Clean
S3: Close call with trees, field trip
S4: Clean
S5: Spin at the hairpin with reverse needed
tuubi Dec 22, 2018
I didn't do a perfect run in Finland, about one bigger mistake per stage, but I'm ok with that. Had a funny moment within sight of the finish line on the rainy stage (which went really well otherwise) where I did a weird flip, got stuck on a tree trunk for a bit, then fell nose-first to the ground before slowly tilting back on my wheels. Should have tried to record the replay or something.

The BMW is really fun to drive BTW. A bit like the Group B Manta, but slightly easier to handle around the corners. Too bad about the horrible noise it makes...
Xpander Dec 30, 2018
Germany done. Terrible as always.The stages i had clean run, i matched with Skully, in fact 3rd stage was exactly same time as Skully got. But yeah, tarmac doesn't work for me somehow, i don't just feel the car.

S1: 2 spins on hairpins, both with reverse needed
S3: Clean
S4: Small trip to the field
S5: Spin at the hairpin
tuubi Dec 30, 2018
I hit my one-big-mistake-per-stage groove again. Ended up third as usual.
Skully Dec 31, 2018
I had a good run. No mishaps at all. Was a very fun drive. I like Germany a lot. I have no issue with tarmac.
Xpander Jan 4, 2019
Greece Done. Tried to drive carefully to not make any mistakes. Still did on the first 2 stages. I think i messed up the Gearbox setup also, felt like 3rd and 4th gear didn't have enough power on the uphill sections and lower gears were on the engine rev limit. Anyway, whats done is done.

S1: Crash into Ad board on hairpin, reverse needed
S2: Went straight on hairpin, crashed into post, reverse needed
S3: Clean
S5: Clean
iwantlinuxgames Jan 10, 2019
yesterday i sent a request to join the gol-4fun league. if anyone has the appropriate admin level to accept or deny that request, i would appreciate it. thank you for you time and consideration.
btw the way the request will be from ???[Linux]... apparently they lack support for asian fontsets...
Xpander Jan 10, 2019
Quoting: iwantlinuxgamesyesterday i sent a request to join the gol-4fun league. if anyone has the appropriate admin level to accept or deny that request, i would appreciate it. thank you for you time and consideration.
btw the way the request will being from ???[Linux]... apparently they lach support for asian fontsets...

Done! Sorry the page is idiotic and doesn't notify such things, so we dont check the crappy roster management all the time. Anyway, Have fun racing! Though this is the final Event of this season.
iwantlinuxgames Jan 10, 2019
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: iwantlinuxgamesyesterday i sent a request to join the gol-4fun league. if anyone has the appropriate admin level to accept or deny that request, i would appreciate it. thank you for you time and consideration.
btw the way the request will being from ???[Linux]... apparently they lach support for asian fontsets...

Done! Sorry the page is idiotic and doesn't notify such things, so we dont check the crappy roster management all the time. Anyway, Have fun racing! Though this is the final Event of this season.

thank you very much good sir!
no worries about joining so late in the season... I'm still trying get the physics of the game down anyway...just want to see how i fare against others
Xpander Jan 11, 2019
UK Done. Managed to find a pretty good setup before all the shakedowns were completed.

Summary:
S1: Went straight on hairpin, reverse needed
S3: Rear wheel went into ditch, had luck, took some time to get back to road
S5: Half spin at hairpin, nothing too bad
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.