Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Gallium Nine + ESync = Possible?
Avehicle7887 Dec 29, 2018
As the title suggests, I'd like to know if someone has tried or knows if it's even possible to use the 2 features together. I want to use this specifically for Guild Wars 2 and hopefully bring the game's performance even closer than Esync+PBA does.

I've already built Wine 3.19 + Esync and applied the D3D9 patches, but the option is grayed out when tested on AMD hardware.

EDIT: Turns out I didn't know you need to have a Gallium Nine enabled Mesa prior to compiling Wine.
Shmerl Dec 30, 2018
Did you get an AMD card?
Avehicle7887 Dec 31, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlDid you get an AMD card?

Not yet, but I'm planning to get a cheap one for testing and benchmark purposes.
Shmerl Dec 31, 2018
Polaris cards aren't expensive these days, because cryptocurrency boom is over. So you can even get something like RX 590 as the primary gaming card for less than $300. Though wait until CES 2019, since AMD will supposedly announce a new line of cards there.
Avehicle7887 Dec 31, 2018
I'm thinking something along the lines of 550 or 560, I don't need the high frames but just something to test on.
Shmerl Jan 1, 2019
I see. Are you testing out of curiosity, or to help some projects?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.