Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
I made a mesa patch that allows Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition to work OOTB on mesa
GloriousEggroll Jan 13, 2019
basically I took a look at the shim and pieced together a patch for mesa based on it:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=93551
https://gist.github.com/GloriousEggroll/169874b1ed1549c5cdd5ff4473e536f0

this should allow users to be able to run the game OOTB on mesa without needing a shim

would be interested in feedback, especially on intel considering the game seems to want "ATI Technologies, Inc." as the vendor. You'll need to know how to patch mesa. Probably easier to do on Arch or gentoo.
Liam Dawe Jan 13, 2019
Oh this is cool, once ready do you think it might be accepted into Mesa directly?
GloriousEggroll Jan 13, 2019
I really would like it to be mainlined, as compiling mesa isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea. That's the purpose of why I made the patch. I want to get input on what should/could/needs to be changed in order for it to get accepted into mesa, to finally get this headache of a bug closed.
Liam Dawe Jan 13, 2019
Quoting: GloriousEggrollI really would like it to be mainlined, as compiling mesa isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea. That's the purpose of why I made the patch. I want to get input on what should/could/needs to be changed in order for it to get accepted into mesa, to finally get this headache of a bug closed.
Awesome stuff, thank you for the effort. Papercuts like this are an annoyance, so I do hope you manage to get it in!
Shmerl Jan 14, 2019
I don't think it will be accepted in Mesa as is. May be some environment variable to override the vendor with specific value would make more sense.

Compiling a shim is indeed easier than compiling Mesa. If you want feedback from Mesa developes, better open a new Mesa bug with your proposed approach.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.