Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group A Season 3
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Xpander Jan 14, 2019
League Website: https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/85340/gol-4fun

Season Completed
[

• Every Event has 6 stages in total, 2 being long stage

• Service Area after every stage

• Checkpoint after every 2 stages.

• Car tuning after every 2 stages.

• Weather is Randomized (ofc same for everybody)

• Restarts not Allowed

• Car restrictions for Group A

• Every event lasts 1 week (except the first one is less than day shorter)

Happy Rolling!

Sweden:
[

Monaco:
[

Finland:
[

Germany:
[

Greece:
[

UK:
[

LEAGUE STANDINGS
1 Xpander 133
2 Skully 122
3 tuubi 78
4 Pharos 51
5 Redface 42
6 ???[Linux] 42
7 Interknet 10
Skully Jan 14, 2019
Good-luck everyone.
tuubi Jan 14, 2019
I did Sweden early so I wouldn't forget again. But now I see the first event is ending tomorrow already, which seems like a mistake? Does that mean you'll recreate the event? I wouldn't mind, but I was actually decently happy with my run (a couple of almost clean stages!) and I doubt I can manage that again. :'(
Xpander Jan 14, 2019
Quoting: tuubiI did Sweden early so I wouldn't forget again. But now I see the first event is ending tomorrow already, which seems like a mistake? Does that mean you'll recreate the event? I wouldn't mind, but I was actually decently happy with my run (a couple of almost clean stages!) and I doubt I can manage that again. :'(

Ohh FFS :( OMG i hate this freaking page. Sorry, i have to redo it then :(

edit: Also i get tons of this on the page, have to do those events multiple times, then it freaks out with stuff.. ohh god. I want to see the face of the dude who designed this page.

[

edit2: Should be fixed now! starts shortly now. Freaking PLEASE CODEMASTERS, allow us to edit f**king Seasons.
iwantlinuxgames Jan 14, 2019
damn...now i gotta do it all over again :/...that's okay, though...took me a couple of the first stages to get my wheel dialed in and this gives me a chance to make better runs..
Xpander Jan 14, 2019
Quoting: iwantlinuxgamesdamn...now i gotta do it all over again :/...that's okay, though...took me a couple of the first stages to get my wheel dialed in and this gives me a chance to make better runs..

Sorry :(
But yeah the bright side is that you get to try again, though i don't think the stages are all same. As the page for creating those is epic crap, so i have to click lots of things within 10 minutes. If it takes longer then i will say i was logged out and i will have to start from scratch, so i just click quickly the tracks from stupid scrolldown lists which are hard to follow.

Anyway, its what it is. Page may suck but the game is still really good.
Xpander Jan 16, 2019
Ok Sweden done. Went terrible. Couldn't find a perfect setup for the car. Understeer on the more snowy bits and lots of oversteer on the gravely snow bits. I enjoy oversteer a lot more, but cant deal with understeer. Lots of mistakes also.

Summary:
S1: Clean
S2: Crash into snowbank twice
S3: 2 Spins, one was super fast, otherone with reverse needed
S4: Spin on straight, had to reverse
S5: Clean
S6: 2 spins, 1 on the straight where i lost a lot of time
iwantlinuxgames Jan 17, 2019
i swear they must run that website on a Babbage Engine.....

damn....i'm out for the rest of event 2 :(

wrecked my car on stage 3 :(
tuubi Jan 22, 2019
Quoting: iwantlinuxgamesdamn....i'm out for the rest of event 2 :(

Welcome to Monaco. I can't count the times my race has ended in a DNF here. Not this time though. I managed to finish, but I don't think my time is going to compare favourably to the usual pair of killjoys. :P
iwantlinuxgames Jan 23, 2019
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: iwantlinuxgamesdamn....i'm out for the rest of event 2 :(

Welcome to Monaco. I can't count the times my race has ended in a DNF here. Not this time though. I managed to finish, but I don't think my time is going to compare favourably to the usual pair of killjoys. :P

the worst part, i spent probably an hour+ practicing the track for stage 3, making adjustments to my wheel radius, and tuning my car, got a time i found acceptable, and started stage 3.........

perhaps i was a little too confident...

second turn into the stage, i went into a skid and was launched over the side from the low snow bank...

those "usual pair of killjoys" have given me incentive to research tips and tricks to improve my driving and finishing times :)
Xpander Jan 25, 2019
Monaco done. Tried to drive carefully. Saw that i was just tiny bit quicker than tuubi and started to push but then mistakes started to happen. Was pretty close lol.

S1-S3: Clean
S4: Spin at the hairpin with reverse needed
S5: Crash into stone fences, reverse needed
S6: Clean
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.