Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Anyone tried the Resident Evil 2 reboot on Steam play?
qhartman Jan 25, 2019
Topic says it all really. This looks like a great title, would love to play it!
ageres Jan 26, 2019
I did. It works with DXVK 0.95. Unpack it to steamapps/common/Proton 3.16 Beta/dist/lib64/wine/dxvk/ (or use Steam in Wine.)
But the game stucks at loading after the cutscene where Leon and Claire meet. I tried both characters, lowering graphics settings to the minimum, SteamPlay with Proton and Steam in Wine.
YoRHa-2B Jan 26, 2019
Someone got it to work with an mfplat workaround. On RADV you'll also need a very recent build of mesa-git, or use the proprietary Vulkan driver.

DXVK-wise it should run, although I haven't heard from Nvidia users having much success so far (despite the Demo running fine).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.