Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Fedora logo redesign: What do you guys think?
wvstolzing Feb 8, 2019
Latest update on the process, with images of the updated candidates at the end of the essay:

https://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2019/02/06/fedora-logo-redesign-update/

To be honest, I'm not sure that any of the proposed changes feel right to me. From the 'finalists' at the end of the essay, I think I'd pick #2, since it introduces the least amount of change -- though still I'm having a hard time *not* seeing it like a 'df'.

... I mean, if the df utility in Fedora were in need of a logo, this would work perfectly; but otherwise, I'm not so sure. I also don't see why they insist on keeping the 'infinity' symbol; it's an arbitrary constraint that hampers the designers.
jens Feb 9, 2019
  • Supporter
Actually I'm fine with both options, I like it that they move away from the letter to a more general symbol. But that's really just a matter of taste and impossible to please everybody :).

@debianxfce The question was specifically about the Fedora logo redesign. Please refrain from hijacking this question for your personal witch-hunt.
stretch611 Feb 9, 2019
Personally, I prefer the "f" instead of the infinity symbol.

Looking at that entire page, I wonder how many vastly overpaid consultants were hired to create a new font for the word "fedora". A complete waste of resources due to nothing really wrong with the current symbols.

(Oh, wait, they are owned by IBM now... well that explains a lot... they are getting a fresh (and large) injection of useless bureaucracy really quick.)
wvstolzing Feb 9, 2019
Quoting: GuestI think that gnotel (gnome+intel) conspiracy is bad as wintel (windows+intel) conspiracy. Both produce badly designed, buggy and slow software and steal your money and time.

I don't know, really; is the gnotel conspiracy any worse than the erstwhile Cyrix-KDE (a.k.a. KDex) Conspiracy?

Remember what happened at Cyrix, that one time when ... https://youtu.be/PZQFlUoqbZc

Oh sorry it's 'Cyrez', not 'Cyrix'; my bad ... this must have slipped my mind: http://articles.latimes.com/1996-06-12/business/fi-14184_1_warner-bros

Anyway, I guess I should cut back on the hallucinogenics.

Spoiler, click me
Also -- the DE Arnold uses in that clip looks pretty neat. I'm sure it's fast & bug free as well. Only joking, I'm an XFCE user too.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.