Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Any information about Metro Exodus on linux ?
Page: «2/4»
  Go to:
skyrrd Mar 4, 2019
I managed to complete the game some minutes ago and I can conclude, that it does work perfectly with dxvk.
I didn't encounter any other issue besides the nasty launcher.
And about the game... just wow...
Xpander Mar 5, 2019
Yeah it works perfectly. I still haven't quite finished the game. It's pretty good game also, except the stupid spam E button stuff and the AI that is really really stupid at times and don't see you when you are 10m infront of an enemy. Playing with hard difficulty so its not too bad all the time, sometimes they cooperate nicely and hide and take cover etc, but sometimes they are really bugged and breaking the immersion a bit. Overall solid game though.
lordgault Nov 14, 2020
Hello to all.Suddenly Metro Exodus has lost the sound with all versions of Proton (official) and GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom.
Does anyone know how to fix it?
Jared Nov 16, 2020
Quoting: lordgaultHello to all.Suddenly Metro Exodus has lost the sound with all versions of Proton (official) and GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom.
Does anyone know how to fix it?
You may want to repost your question on Steam Play & Wine Gaming as its more appropriate for the topic and where you can find more assistance as this part within the forum isn't used to troubleshoot issues in games under proton or wine.

That being said, did you try entering this command on the Steam launch options:
PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 %command%

If that doesn't work, try modifying the user.cfg files and place edit these following values with the appropriate integers:

r_enum_ssaa 0

r_ssaa_auto 0

r_blur_level 0

r_game_mblur_scale 0

Then save this configuration file and make it read only.
lordgault Nov 16, 2020
Thank you, but none of the solutions work.
Also, I have noticed that the game is not listed in the sound menu, it is as if there is no communication with the audio server.
slaapliedje Nov 17, 2020
Still waiting for this one to be released natively before I buy.
robvv Nov 17, 2020
I think it's fair to say that the ME port has been quietly dropped.
Kuduzkehpan Nov 17, 2020
does me port mentioned before ?
Liam Dawe Nov 17, 2020
Quoting: robvvI think it's fair to say that the ME port has been quietly dropped.
It has not last we spoke to them.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.