Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Dark souls III
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
goldenk Feb 22, 2019
Hey guys, I haven't used linux since this past fall and I was wondering how Dark souls III performs in proton at 4k with a 1080ti? Also do we think the game "Sekiro shadows die twice" will work with proton? Thanks in advance.
skyrrd Feb 22, 2019
Should be between 25 and 40 fps on max settings (estimated) you might have to lower the details to maintain playable fps
goldenk Feb 22, 2019
Yikes... I guess I had higher expectations.
skyrrd Feb 22, 2019
Just take look at some Ds3 4k videos on similar cards. I guess the performance isn't that different to Windows.
But if you want I could try with Vega 56 in 4k, it's not the same performance like yours, but at least you can estimate what performance you might gdt
goldenk Feb 22, 2019
Thanks, I'll take a look. In windows with max settings at 4k it runs at 55 to 60fps.
skyrrd Feb 22, 2019
OK then shouldn't be too different
jens Feb 22, 2019
  • Supporter
I'm playing DS3 with a 1080 (without TI) on 3440x1440, it runs perfect with maxed out settings.
(Note that I "patched" the executable to use my aspect ratio of 21:9, though doing this is also needed on Windows and has nothing to do with Linux/Steam Play)
goldenk Feb 22, 2019
@jens that's good to know. What do you get for a framerate? As soon as I get some free time I'll reinstall linux so I can test with my hardware. 8700k and evga 1080ti.
jens Feb 22, 2019
  • Supporter
I think it is nearly always close to 60fps.
goldenk Feb 22, 2019
Thanks jens!
skyrrd Feb 22, 2019
Just gave it a quick test, my Vega 56 can push 40-50 fps on max settings @ 4k, occasionally dips to 35 so your 1080 to should b able to handle it @4k without a problem
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.