Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Xaudio 2 in Wine
sr_ls_boy Mar 1, 2019
The next wine release 4.3 will be major. Ethan Lee has pushed
his work onto wine master. When the staging release is out it
will be time to retest without dll overrides.
mrdeathjr Mar 1, 2019
Yeah but actually deb distributions have problems put faudio libraries in various repositories

https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2019-March/140676.html

Install using kron4ek build is more easily for now

^_^
sr_ls_boy Mar 1, 2019
Thank You for bringing that dependency to my attention. I would have been left scratching my head, figuring out why I still get no sound. I don't see any changes to wine's configure script to indicate a FAudio requirement. I always believed that everything I needed was in wine master.
sr_ls_boy Mar 1, 2019
Update:
Alright. I just configure the new 4.3 release and get the following line. They
need to be installed as system libraries, with a *.pc reference via pkg-config.

configure: libFAudio 64-bit development files not found, XAudio2 won't be supported.
Shmerl Mar 3, 2019
Quoting: mrdeathjrYeah but actually deb distributions have problems put faudio libraries in various repositories

https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2019-March/140676.html

Oh, this sounds like a problem. So what will happen on Debian, the sound will stop working if there are no faudio packages installed?

I put Wine packages on hold and will wait until faudio will hit Debian Sid.
Avehicle7887 Mar 3, 2019
Quoting: sr_ls_boyUpdate:
Alright. I just configure the new 4.3 release and get the following line. They
need to be installed as system libraries, with a *.pc reference via pkg-config.

configure: libFAudio 64-bit development files not found, XAudio2 won't be supported.

I got that too during configuration, any idea how can I generate a proper .pc file? Never used pkg-config.

Maybe the Wine devs could add an environmental variable where you can specify the location of these files, for example "set FAUDIO_INCLUDE_FILES=/home/user/....etc"
sr_ls_boy Mar 3, 2019
Quoting: Avehicle7887I got that too during configuration, any idea how can I generate a proper .pc file? Never used pkg-config.
I examined the wine configure script and found that it never calls pkg-config but simply looks for the libs and the headers manually.
mrdeathjr Mar 3, 2019
If anyone works cybermax* in this ppa provide ubuntu bionic, cosmic and disco faudio - sdl 2.0.9 packages and dev packages

https://launchpad.net/~cybermax-dexter/+archive/ubuntu/sdl2-backport

Many thanks cybermax

^_^
sr_ls_boy Mar 3, 2019
How exactly did cybermax alter SDL2?
tuubi Mar 3, 2019
Quoting: sr_ls_boyHow exactly did cybermax alter SDL2?
What do you mean? The libsdl2 packages look like straight up backports to me. You could just grab the faudio packages of course if you want to play it safe.
sr_ls_boy Mar 4, 2019
Quoting: tuubiWhat do you mean?
I suppose I should ask cybermax if he altered the SDL2 code for his ppa.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.