Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
x360ce on 64bit Wine Prefix
LordDaveTheKind Mar 17, 2019
Hello Community,
Has anyone got any success on running x360ce on a 64bit Wine Prefix?

My question is related to a fix that seems to be required for a game I recently purchased, Yakuza Kiwami, which seems to have some issue on recognising a valid Xinput controller.

The issue has actually been experienced in Windows as well, with few players using the workaround of regenerating the Xinput DLL file via x360ce. A video that shows how to perform the fix is at this link (caution: play it with a low volume, as the soundtrack might be a little annoying).

As the game requires a 64bit version of the Xinput DLL, x360ce must run in a 64bit Wine Prefix.

Has anyone got any success ever with it? And how would be the right procedure? My feeling is that the one reported in the Wine Project App Database is a little outdated.

Cheers,
Dave
legluondunet Mar 17, 2019
x360ce is a pain to use on Wine. Happily there is dumbxinputemu h[url=ttps://github.com/kozec/dumbxinputemu.]ttps://github.com/kozec/dumbxinputemu.[/url]
I advice you to use Lutris to install your game, it has x360 and dumbxinputemu options, it will install them for you.
I think Wine support dinput controller for 3.14 staging version.
LordDaveTheKind Mar 18, 2019
Quoting: legluondunetx360ce is a pain to use on Wine. Happily there is dumbxinputemu https://github.com/kozec/dumbxinputemu.

Thank you. I'll give it a go by the end of the week.

Quoting: legluondunetI think Wine support dinput controller for 3.14 staging version.
I advice you to use Lutris to install your game, it has x360, dumbxinputemu options, it will install them for you.

Yes, I can confirm that the issue is neither on Dinput or Xinput visibility of the device (I've already checked and tested it with other games). It feels like a common bug in the game. I'll try with Lutris then.

Cheers,
Dave
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.