Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Is Borderlands 3 on Linux likely?
Salvatos Mar 29, 2019
So, Borderlands 3 was just announced. What are our odds for a Linux port? As far as I know BL1 isn't here, but BL2 and the Pre-Sequel are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrozsLMhqk
Ehvis Mar 29, 2019
If anyone gave a thought about it, I'm sure it has only been behind closed doors.

Obviously every Linux gamer wants BL3 on day 1. Gearbox might be up for it since they have agreed to the other ones, but day 1 is probably too much to hope for.

I'm also interested in the remaster of the original BL. I wonder if Feral (who ported the original to Mac) have any intention bringing that one to Mac (and hopefully Linux) as well.

I wonder who would have the most chance of doing it. Since this is a UE4 game, Feral's superior Vulkan wrapper would not a factor. The port would merely require fixing and testing the game for running on Vulkan/Metal.

We'll have to see. I hope either Feral or Aspyr will jump on it because for these games, my wallet is ready. :D
Liam Dawe Mar 29, 2019
Nope. Gearbox don't care because we're too small and Aspyr have said nothing about doing it (as they did the previous ports).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.