Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
CityBuilder but with Moral concepts?
Spirimint Apr 16, 2019
Hey Guys,

right now there is a kind of Anno Hype :) So i wonder is there an alternative out there or coming?

There are few things i don't like on Anno.

1: Uplay :D. I tried many times to get Uplay work on Linux. Sometimes it worked and sometimes not. The funny thing is. Games where you can download in Uplay, but play without Uplay are working perfect. But for me Uplay is a NO GO. It shows me also, that UbiSoft don't care for Linux Gamers. And i think Linux will be the Future also for Gaming.

2: Moral Conceps: What do i mean by that? In Anno you have to build churches and chapels. But this Buildings represent for me Patriachat, suppression. As i don't like this in my real-life. I don't want to play it in a game.
I don't have a Problem with building a Temple in Egypt like in Pharao, where soon is coming "Builders Of Egypt".

So is there a game out there where i have Ressourcenmanagement like Anno but with my desires?
I like endless Games with no rush.

Perfect would be of course Native Linux, but running in Proton is OK too.
Plintslîcho Apr 17, 2019
Same here. Due to all the talk about Anno 1800 I've started to play Anno 1404 again. The gameplay and mechanics are pretty much on rails though, that's true. No way to choose ones own path.

I couldn't think of a single game like Anno though, let alone one where the player really could choose an individual path.

What about Civilization? Some of them even run natively on Linux. It doesn't have resource management like Anno though.
Spirimint Apr 19, 2019
I think Civilization is to different.

Right now i installed "Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom". Maybe this comes closer to Anno.
At least i don't have a Church to build :D

Driftland is out of Early Access. Not sure if this fits the genre.
Spirimint Apr 19, 2019
Hallo, looks intressting, but it lookes a little old. :D

I just played now "Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom" for me, its like Anno.
So far i like it :) This Game in 3d hmmm ;)
Redface Apr 20, 2019
I am not sure if Tropico fits but I think its worth a mention for city builders with moral concepts.
The management stuff is maybe a bit simple, but the new Tropico 6 is pretty and has good humour, and it is Linux native.

You can ignore the factions you do not like, but they might revolt then. There could be some scenarios where you have to build churches but there is also a sandbox mode which I have not tried yet.
Spirimint Apr 21, 2019
Tropico fits in City-Building. But i tried it and i did not like it :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.