Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Iron Maiden sues 3D Realms over Ion Maiden
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Cyril Jun 1, 2019
Seriously it's a non sense IMO, I hope 3D Realms wins this... (And I like this band...)
Pangaea Jun 1, 2019
Quoting: liamdaweI hate to say it but it was bound to happen. The amount of times I've accidentally called it Iron Maiden I've lost count...
Normally I don't like all this lawsuit business over names, but in this case I actually understand it. It was bound to happen when the name is pretty much 100% identical (even more so phonetically).
Pangaea Jun 1, 2019
Quoting: sr_ls_boyMy questions is why this game and not a tribute band that goes by the name
"Iron Maidens"?
Slightly off-topic, hah, but I actually saw Iron Maidens some weeks ago. They were really damn good. The place was bouncing, and it was awesome to rock out to such great live music in a small venue :)
Salvatos Jun 2, 2019
Quoting: PangaeaNormally I don't like all this lawsuit business over names, but in this case I actually understand it. It was bound to happen when the name is pretty much 100% identical (even more so phonetically).
Even if it were completely identical, I'd have to agree with Shmerl on this one since they're not at all the same kind of product.
Quoting: ShmerlI'd say, Iron Maiden can't even claim a trademark on their own name. Because it's a generic term which precedes them by ages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_maiden
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.