Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Testing new Mesa ACO shader compiler for AMD
Page: «2/11»
  Go to:
Shmerl 3 Jul, 2019
Quoting: chancho_zombie@Shmerl

I'm having troubles compiling. What flag should I pass to -dri-drivers?? seems that part is failing? just swrast is ok??

I used my usual Mesa build script (except using the relevant git repo for the source instead of upstream one). It built fine without setting any dri-drivers.

The relevant part ($arch_dir is my variable):

-Ddri-drivers= \
-Ddri-drivers-path="${arch_dir["64"]}" \
"-Dvulkan-drivers=amd" \
The_Aquabat 3 Jul, 2019
it seems to me that the nine state tracker is not building.
Shmerl 3 Jul, 2019
I usually only build radeonsi and radv, so not sure what's going on with Nine.

You can see how Debian builds stock Mesa here: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=mesa&arch=amd64&ver=19.1.1-1&stamp=1561995279&raw=0

I used that as a starting point for my script.

Since it's just for testing purposes, you can skip everything but radv altogether. Don't replace your regular Mesa with it. Just run the game on demand with the built one placed in dedicated location. That's what I do.
The_Aquabat 3 Jul, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlI usually only build radeonsi and radv, so not sure what's going on with Nine.

You can see how Debian builds stock Mesa here: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=mesa&arch=amd64&ver=19.1.1-1&stamp=1561995279&raw=0

I used that as a starting point for my script.

Since it's just for testing purposes, you can skip everything but radv altogether. Don't replace your regular Mesa with it. Just run the game on demand with the built one placed in dedicated location. That's what I do.

if they are saying that briefly they are going to provide distro packages then it's ready to replace the bundled mesa all together.
Shmerl 3 Jul, 2019
Well, using on-demand Mesa is very flexible, you can build whatever variant you want and run any game with it for testing purposes. No need to wait for packages.
Shmerl 3 Jul, 2019
Just tried Mesa-aco with X4: Foundations, and it works briefly, but then causes a GPU hang. I also didn't manage to make Mesa Vulkan overlay work with it for some reason. Did anyone try that?
The_Aquabat 4 Jul, 2019
ok done building for opensuse 15.0 works with 15.1 as well. Some stuff is disabled like r100,r200 drivers and nine state tracker.
The_Aquabat 4 Jul, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlJust tried Mesa-aco with X4: Foundations, and it works briefly, but then causes a GPU hang. I also didn't manage to make Mesa Vulkan overlay work with it for some reason. Did anyone try that?

for me Batman Arkham Knight has some freezes with dxvk. But overall, testing a few games with DXVK, framerates do increase notably.
Shmerl 4 Jul, 2019
Quoting: chancho_zombiefor me Batman Arkham Knight has some freezes with dxvk. But overall, testing a few games with DXVK, framerates do increase notably.

Feel free to post comparison benchmarks here, so developers could take a look.
Shmerl 4 Jul, 2019
Also, please report any bugs like freezes here.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Latest Forum Posts