You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
Testing new Mesa ACO shader compiler for AMD
Shmerl commented on 3 July 2019 at 9:41 pm UTC

chancho_zombie@Shmerl

I'm having troubles compiling. What flag should I pass to -dri-drivers?? seems that part is failing? just swrast is ok??

I used my usual Mesa build script (except using the relevant git repo for the source instead of upstream one). It built fine without setting any dri-drivers.

The relevant part ($arch_dir is my variable):

-Ddri-drivers= \
-Ddri-drivers-path="${arch_dir["64"]}" \
"-Dvulkan-drivers=amd" \

The_Aquabat commented on 3 July 2019 at 9:47 pm UTC

it seems to me that the nine state tracker is not building.

Shmerl commented on 3 July 2019 at 9:50 pm UTC

I usually only build radeonsi and radv, so not sure what's going on with Nine.

You can see how Debian builds stock Mesa here: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=mesa&arch=amd64&ver=19.1.1-1&stamp=1561995279&raw=0

I used that as a starting point for my script.

Since it's just for testing purposes, you can skip everything but radv altogether. Don't replace your regular Mesa with it. Just run the game on demand with the built one placed in dedicated location. That's what I do.

The_Aquabat commented on 3 July 2019 at 10:06 pm UTC

ShmerlI usually only build radeonsi and radv, so not sure what's going on with Nine.

You can see how Debian builds stock Mesa here: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=mesa&arch=amd64&ver=19.1.1-1&stamp=1561995279&raw=0

I used that as a starting point for my script.

Since it's just for testing purposes, you can skip everything but radv altogether. Don't replace your regular Mesa with it. Just run the game on demand with the built one placed in dedicated location. That's what I do.

if they are saying that briefly they are going to provide distro packages then it's ready to replace the bundled mesa all together.

Shmerl commented on 3 July 2019 at 10:11 pm UTC

Well, using on-demand Mesa is very flexible, you can build whatever variant you want and run any game with it for testing purposes. No need to wait for packages.

Shmerl commented on 3 July 2019 at 10:47 pm UTC

Just tried Mesa-aco with X4: Foundations, and it works briefly, but then causes a GPU hang. I also didn't manage to make Mesa Vulkan overlay work with it for some reason. Did anyone try that?

The_Aquabat commented on 4 July 2019 at 12:05 am UTC

ok done building for opensuse 15.0 works with 15.1 as well. Some stuff is disabled like r100,r200 drivers and nine state tracker.

The_Aquabat commented on 4 July 2019 at 12:06 am UTC

ShmerlJust tried Mesa-aco with X4: Foundations, and it works briefly, but then causes a GPU hang. I also didn't manage to make Mesa Vulkan overlay work with it for some reason. Did anyone try that?

for me Batman Arkham Knight has some freezes with dxvk. But overall, testing a few games with DXVK, framerates do increase notably.

Shmerl commented on 4 July 2019 at 12:31 am UTC

chancho_zombiefor me Batman Arkham Knight has some freezes with dxvk. But overall, testing a few games with DXVK, framerates do increase notably.

Feel free to post comparison benchmarks here, so developers could take a look.

Shmerl commented on 4 July 2019 at 12:38 am UTC

Also, please report any bugs like freezes here.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts