Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Testing new Mesa ACO shader compiler for AMD
Page: «2/11»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Jul 3, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlI usually only build radeonsi and radv, so not sure what's going on with Nine.

You can see how Debian builds stock Mesa here: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=mesa&arch=amd64&ver=19.1.1-1&stamp=1561995279&raw=0

I used that as a starting point for my script.

Since it's just for testing purposes, you can skip everything but radv altogether. Don't replace your regular Mesa with it. Just run the game on demand with the built one placed in dedicated location. That's what I do.

if they are saying that briefly they are going to provide distro packages then it's ready to replace the bundled mesa all together.
Shmerl Jul 3, 2019
Well, using on-demand Mesa is very flexible, you can build whatever variant you want and run any game with it for testing purposes. No need to wait for packages.
Shmerl Jul 3, 2019
Just tried Mesa-aco with X4: Foundations, and it works briefly, but then causes a GPU hang. I also didn't manage to make Mesa Vulkan overlay work with it for some reason. Did anyone try that?
Koopacabras Jul 4, 2019
ok done building for opensuse 15.0 works with 15.1 as well. Some stuff is disabled like r100,r200 drivers and nine state tracker.
Koopacabras Jul 4, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlJust tried Mesa-aco with X4: Foundations, and it works briefly, but then causes a GPU hang. I also didn't manage to make Mesa Vulkan overlay work with it for some reason. Did anyone try that?

for me Batman Arkham Knight has some freezes with dxvk. But overall, testing a few games with DXVK, framerates do increase notably.
Shmerl Jul 4, 2019
Quoting: chancho_zombiefor me Batman Arkham Knight has some freezes with dxvk. But overall, testing a few games with DXVK, framerates do increase notably.

Feel free to post comparison benchmarks here, so developers could take a look.
Shmerl Jul 4, 2019
Also, please report any bugs like freezes here.
Koopacabras Jul 4, 2019
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: chancho_zombiefor me Batman Arkham Knight has some freezes with dxvk. But overall, testing a few games with DXVK, framerates do increase notably.

Feel free to post comparison benchmarks here, so developers could take a look.

I'm noticing over 10 fps increment on Middle Earth Shadow of War, I normally get 60 fps on medium setting now I'm getting 70 fps or more.
Koopacabras Jul 4, 2019
actually no, it's a 2 fps increment, I was testing with an older version of mesa.
Shmerl Jul 4, 2019
Quoting: GuestThe overlay works for me just fine. But I used the PKGBUILD from the Aur in Arch Linux.

It works with X4? Interesting. Weird that it doesn't work for me. I'm using GOG version of the game. I wonder if it somehow prevents Vulkan layers from working?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.