Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Star Citizen in Wine
Page: «4/5»
  Go to:
denyasis Nov 21, 2021
Quoting: whizse"Star Citizen is still breaking crowdfunding records, having now raised over $350 million following one of its most successful years so far."

From https://www.pcgamer.com/somehow-2020-was-star-citizens-most-successful-year-to-date/

Jesus Christ

Ok, I'll admit I was wrong. 30 million was a tad low. To be fair, I'll admit a backed it Originally and remember them announcing something to that tune.

Wait....they made 16 million in a month last year?!?!
Shmerl Nov 21, 2021
OK, this got me curious to try it again. Setting up the prefix :)
Shmerl Nov 22, 2021
With regular Wine, the launcher looks like a white box. It works with Wine-staging though!
Shmerl Nov 22, 2021
Well, the game is crashing almost instantly after the launcher tires to start it. I don't see anything meaningful in the wine log either. Using Wine staging + dxvk, nothing else unusual enabled (I did set that /proc/sys/vm/max_map_count to 655300 though).
Ehvis Nov 22, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlWell, the game is crashing almost instantly after the launcher tires to start it. I don't see anything meaningful in the wine log either. Using Wine staging + dxvk, nothing else unusual enabled (I did set that /proc/sys/vm/max_map_count to 655300 though).

I use the wine version that the Lutris installer specifies (lutris-ge-6.16-1-x86_64). Learned the hard way that specific version were chosen for a reason. Also, your max_map_count is very low. Should be 16777216.
Shmerl Nov 22, 2021
Wow, that's a huge number :) 655300 used to work in the past. I guess they are adding huge amount of objects in the game. I'll give it a try. And will check if some other Wine versions help.
Shmerl Nov 25, 2021
Quoting: EhvisI use the wine version that the Lutris installer specifies (lutris-ge-6.16-1-x86_64).

Is it one of these? https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/wine-ge-custom/releases
Ehvis Nov 25, 2021
Probably built from that. But if you really don't want to use Lutris, you'll have some stuff to figure out. May the helper script can assist. The script at least provides some repos for alternate wine builds suitable for SC.
Shmerl Nov 25, 2021
Quoting: EhvisProbably built from that. But if you really don't want to use Lutris, you'll have some stuff to figure out. May the helper script can assist. The script at least provides some repos for alternate wine builds suitable for SC.

I'm not using Lutris directly, but I can try using their Wine builds if they are available somewhere. Don't they provide custom pre-built Wine versions?
ridge Nov 26, 2021
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: EhvisProbably built from that. But if you really don't want to use Lutris, you'll have some stuff to figure out. May the helper script can assist. The script at least provides some repos for alternate wine builds suitable for SC.

I'm not using Lutris directly, but I can try using their Wine builds if they are available somewhere. Don't they provide custom pre-built Wine versions?

Look no further
https://github.com/lutris/wine/
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.