You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
AMD Rewards Program
Arehandoro commented on 8 October 2019 at 2:43 pm UTC

QuoteThank you for contacting AMD Rewards Support,

Unfortunately our PVT program is only compatible with Windows at this time. In order to redeem your coupon code you need to be on a Windows operating system.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

AMD Rewards

I asked them nicely if I could get the codes some other way or get a voucher in compensation, but apparently no, we Linux users can't obtain the games.

If anyone has a Windows partition and a RX 5700, I have two coupons to give. Drop me a DM if interested.

drlamb commented on 8 October 2019 at 6:14 pm UTC

Arehandoro

Unfortunately our PVT program is only compatible with Windows at this time. In order to redeem your coupon code you need to be on a Windows operating system.

Regards,

AMD Rewards

I asked them nicely if I could get the codes some other way or get a voucher in compensation, but apparently no, we Linux users can't obtain the games.

If anyone has a Windows partition and a RX 5700, I have two coupons to give. Drop me a DM if interested.

I mean I'll take the codes if you really don't want them, but really you can use a Windows2Go USB to run windows long enough to validate the code. That's how I have to update the bios of my laptop. If you're unwilling to do this I'll do it for you and send you the key.

Edit: For context I just did this for Borderlands 3 myself. Gave it away as a Xmas gift.

Arehandoro commented on 9 October 2019 at 1:09 pm UTC

drlamb
Arehandoro

Regards,

AMD Rewards

I mean I'll take the codes if you really don't want them, but really you can use a Windows2Go USB to run windows long enough to validate the code. That's how I have to update the bios of my laptop. If you're unwilling to do this I'll do it for you and send you the key.

Edit: For context I just did this for Borderlands 3 myself. Gave it away as a Xmas gift.

Interesting, I didn't know that would work! I'll give it a go then. Thanks a lot!

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts