Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
November Update
Page: «5/5
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Dec 3, 2019
At this point I'm considering a £50 bounty if someone can find the code that's causing the logouts...
Termy Dec 10, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweAt this point I'm considering a £50 bounty if someone can find the code that's causing the logouts...

It seems i'm staying logged in the last few days...
Right before that i disabled the email notification on login on a new device (because it got annoying ;) ) - maybe that triggered some kind of database update of my account that was needed to make your changes work?
I'll switch the notification back on and see if that has negative impact.
Liam Dawe Dec 10, 2019
Quoting: Termy
Quoting: Liam DaweAt this point I'm considering a £50 bounty if someone can find the code that's causing the logouts...

It seems i'm staying logged in the last few days...
Right before that i disabled the email notification on login on a new device (because it got annoying ;) ) - maybe that triggered some kind of database update of my account that was needed to make your changes work?
I'll switch the notification back on and see if that has negative impact.
It's more likely that I removed a bit of code that might have been part of the cause :), I also have been kept logged in on both devices without fail since it.
Ehvis Dec 10, 2019
Is there an intended reason to get logged out? I got logged out at work yesterday morning, but it may just have been a regular expiration time. It's been a while so I can't really remember.
Liam Dawe Dec 10, 2019
Quoting: EhvisIs there an intended reason to get logged out? I got logged out at work yesterday morning, but it may just have been a regular expiration time. It's been a while so I can't really remember.
Cookies do expire after ~60 days if you've not logged in there in a while, the cookie info was also changed ~2 or so weeks ago so that would have also caused it. The only time the code now removes the login cookie itself, is on logout.
Ehvis Dec 10, 2019
Ah yes, I remember the login after you changed the system. But that means the previous login was about two weeks ago, which makes this logout much shorter than the 60 days. Funny thing is that the first visit yesterday morning was fine, but the second one had me logged out. If I interpret the cookies correctly, I logged back in yesterday at 8:51 GMT.
Liam Dawe Dec 10, 2019
Quoting: EhvisAh yes, I remember the login after you changed the system. But that means the previous login was about two weeks ago, which makes this logout much shorter than the 60 days. Funny thing is that the first visit yesterday morning was fine, but the second one had me logged out. If I interpret the cookies correctly, I logged back in yesterday at 8:51 GMT.
Sounds like you probably just had the old cookie, which would have logged you out yes. Let me know if it does happen again.
Termy Dec 13, 2019
Quoting: Liam DaweIt's more likely that I removed a bit of code that might have been part of the cause :), I also have been kept logged in on both devices without fail since it.

it really looks like you solved it, thank you! :D
Time for some xmas-donation i suppose ^^
Liam Dawe Dec 13, 2019
Quoting: Termy
Quoting: Liam DaweIt's more likely that I removed a bit of code that might have been part of the cause :), I also have been kept logged in on both devices without fail since it.

it really looks like you solved it, thank you! :D
Time for some xmas-donation i suppose ^^
Hah, thanks :)

It does seem to be fixed, there was one other issue which I managed to catch that affected me which I've now 100% solved too. So i think all the little tweaks recently have finally sorted it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.