Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone with no article paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «22/22
  Go to:
Shmerl 15 Jun
CP2077 support was added to radv ray tracing implementation plan as a target milestone :)

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/6076
Shmerl 28 Jun
Tried Wine-wayland with CP2077. For now it just produces a black screen.
jens 11 Jul
  • Supporter
Quoting: ShmerlThat PR still is a draft, so not really finished and I assume it can take a while.

All RTX pull requests for VKD3D-Proton are now merged into master.

Last edited by jens on 11 July 2022 at 3:31 pm UTC
Shmerl 11 Jul
Quoting: jensAll RTX pull requests for VKD3D-Proton are now merged into master.

Nice! I'll run some tests later today.
Xpander 11 Jul
I did run some on my RTX3080, basically getting 85-110 FPS all maxed 1440p without raytracing features. All raytracing stuff turned on and raytraced lighting ultra i get 40-65 fps, so not worth it really for me, but it does look pretty amazing at times, specially night time
Shmerl 12 Jul
When ray tracing enabled with latest vkd3d-proton the game crashes instantly. Looks like a bad regression.
Shmerl 12 Jul
Yep, totally a regression in vkd3d-proton, it starts without crashing and RT enabled with version just before that huge wave of very recent commits.
Shmerl 12 Jul
Looks like radv is missing some features still.

It's probably this:

QuoteMilestone 2B: Pipeline libraries

Last edited by Shmerl on 12 July 2022 at 11:52 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: Liberapay or PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone with no article paywalls. We also don't have tons of adverts, there's also no tracking and we respect your privacy. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.