You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Cyberpunk 2077 in Wine
Page: «26/31»
  Go to:
Shmerl Sep 24, 2023
You're welcome!

I don't even bother with ray tracing in the game. It works now with radv, but performance hit is so massive - it's totally not worth any visual improvements it provides which to be honest are not even very noticeable in general.

Last edited by Shmerl on 24 September 2023 at 4:06 am UTC
Xpander Sep 24, 2023
Quoting: ShmerlI don't even bother with ray tracing in the game. It works now with radv, but performance hit is so massive - it's totally not worth any visual improvements it provides which to be honest are not even very noticeable in general.

Yeah.. Regular Raytracing is okaish in terms of perf for me.. 60ish on Ultra, but indeed in this game regular lighting is very good also and i can enjoy 100 FPS.
Shmerl Sep 26, 2023
Updated the game with the expansion, and it now crashes after the logo screens.
Shmerl Sep 26, 2023
Someone found a workaround - delete or disable GameServicesGOG.dll. It helps!
Xpander Sep 26, 2023
Steam version works without any problems. Just played ~3 hours.
No idea if the gamepad icons are fixed or the DLC just didn't override the executable with the previous modification still intact.
Shmerl Sep 27, 2023
The crash bug is GOG specific.
Shmerl Oct 3, 2023
For those with GOG version crashing on startup without Galaxy, there is a workaround:

* Delete / rename or disable bin/x64/GameServicesGOG.dll
* Make a copy of r6/publishing/x64/GOG directory as r6/publishing/x64/null

That should be enough to prevent the crash and to play the expansion. Source.

Last edited by Shmerl on 3 October 2023 at 2:57 am UTC
Xpander Oct 6, 2023
Completed Phantom Liberty Storyline. Really enjoyed the new Characters and their background stuff etc. Very well done. Took me ~25 hours. Still some side stuff and little things to do ofc.
Game works perfectly also with zero issues or crashes. City is more lived in now since 2.0 also. Police patrols and all kinds of new stuff.
One weird thing is that when Holo call comes up with the face portrait, fps drops from my 90 FPS (capped) to 70 during the call. At least that was the case with 2.0. Havent checked if its fixed on 2.01
Other than that. Solid and smooth experience
BlackBloodRum Oct 7, 2023
Quoting: XpanderCompleted Phantom Liberty Storyline. Really enjoyed the new Characters and their background stuff etc. Very well done. Took me ~25 hours. Still some side stuff and little things to do ofc.
Game works perfectly also with zero issues or crashes. City is more lived in now since 2.0 also. Police patrols and all kinds of new stuff.
One weird thing is that when Holo call comes up with the face portrait, fps drops from my 90 FPS (capped) to 70 during the call. At least that was the case with 2.0. Havent checked if its fixed on 2.01
Other than that. Solid and smooth experience
Regarding the FPS drop, that could be a proton bug. Interestingly I observed the same thing today with game version v1.62 (steam).

I was setting the game up and getting it running again on my new distro install, and I found that I had the FPS drop with Proton 8+. I fell back to GE-Proton7-53 (I had it installed ages ago) and the Holocall FPS dip was gone.

(FWIW: Kernel 6.5.6, KDE 5.27.8, Mesa 23.1.8)

Last edited by BlackBloodRum on 7 October 2023 at 12:42 am UTC
Xpander Oct 7, 2023
Quoting: BlackBloodRumRegarding the FPS drop, that could be a proton bug. Interestingly I observed the same thing today with game version v1.62 (steam).

I was setting the game up and getting it running again on my new distro install, and I found that I had the FPS drop with Proton 8+. I fell back to GE-Proton7-53 (I had it installed ages ago) and the Holocall FPS dip was gone.

(FWIW: Kernel 6.5.6, KDE 5.27.8, Mesa 23.1.8)

Thank you. GE-Proton7-53 fixed the FPS dips for me also with holo-call
(RTX 3080, 535.43.11 drivers)

I wonder if its actual proton regression or vkd3d-proton

edit: Ok issue discovered. Regression from dxvk's dxgi
this commit:
https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/commit/83a294285e90c65554bc851c4d4a126aa15916a4

Last edited by Xpander on 7 October 2023 at 12:19 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.