Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Vintage Story test server
NeoTheFox Feb 17, 2020
I want to host a Vintage Story server for GoL, but I'm not sure if my server can reasonably handle it. For now consider this a test, but everyone is welcome to join!

URL: down again :cry:
Password: greenismypepper

Last edited by NeoTheFox on 8 October 2020 at 12:24 am UTC
NeoTheFox Feb 21, 2020
It's been 4 days, and not a single person logged on. I think I should call this a failure and wait for a better time to set it up sadly.

UPD: It's back up

Last edited by NeoTheFox on 19 August 2020 at 6:47 am UTC
Vundult Feb 22, 2020
Would of joined the server had I owned the game. Better luck next time mate.
ThatOneGuy Mar 3, 2020
Quoting: NeoTheFoxI want to host a Vintage Story server for GoL, but I'm not sure if my server can reasonably handle it. For now consider this a test, but everyone is welcome to join!

URL: [redacted]
Password: greenismypepper

Crap, Missed it. :x
I'm still up for this if you want to try it again.
NeoTheFox Aug 19, 2020
The server is back up as I promised, now with seasons update!
14 Aug 24, 2020
I connected and it was about a minute to log in, but ran totally fine while I was in. Had to get off the computer soon after that, but I'll try it again.
Xpander Aug 24, 2020
I was like what the F is Vintage Story...
searched steam... nothing
searched with ddg.. ohh minecraft clone? or mod?
more research... seems its completely different game. looks similar to minecraft, but has lot more stuff than minecraft.

might buy... wish there was a demo to try before

edit: connected to server with a friend. seems to work fine so far

Last edited by Xpander on 24 August 2020 at 3:09 pm UTC
NeoTheFox Aug 24, 2020
Quoting: 14I connected and it was about a minute to log in, but ran totally fine while I was in. Had to get off the computer soon after that, but I'll try it again.

The map download is slow in my LAN as well, so it's probably just a gimmick of the engine.
Xpander Aug 25, 2020
Where is the server located btw? It had few lagspikes. Nothing major though.
Me and woox2k played yesterday on it like 4+ hours and had quite a bit of fun. Pretty neat game honestly.
wytrabbit Sep 9, 2020
Is the server still up?
Xpander Sep 10, 2020
Quoting: wytrabbitIs the server still up?
Me and woox2k played on that server, but then server started to struggle, with lagspikes and load issues. So we quit from this and i made my own dedicated one that runs on my PC which is 24/7 on for the most part, minus few reboots when i decide to run updates :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.