Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
[DONE] Tag users as being developers?
Hamish Sep 19, 2013
I wonder if GoL could be made to be like Phoronix in that certain users could be tagged by admins to show who they work for, such as Toploader of RWS who just posted in response to a question in the comments section of our latest Postal article. We could verify their identities and then mark them, which would be beneficial to them as it might make people take their answers more seriously.
Liam Dawe Sep 19, 2013
We actually did this on the old xenforo forum we had so I think it is a good idea, will add it on my priority todo list.
Liam Dawe Sep 19, 2013
This is now done, you can set someone as a game developer after verifying by going to the new edit user section of the admin panel, it's a checkbox on the page :)
Hamish Sep 19, 2013
Maybe we should also make it so that users can unset themselves if they wish, just as a privacy concern. People should be in control of their own profiles, if at all possible.
Liam Dawe Sep 28, 2013
Quoting: Quote from HamishMaybe we should also make it so that users can unset themselves if they wish, just as a privacy concern. People should be in control of their own profiles, if at all possible.
Good idea, adding to the TODO.
Liam Dawe Oct 5, 2013
Quoting: Quote from HamishMaybe we should also make it so that users can unset themselves if they wish, just as a privacy concern. People should be in control of their own profiles, if at all possible.
This is now done and will be pushed with the next site update.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.