You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Is there a list of all native linux games?
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Install May 24, 2020
I am new to linux and was wondering if there is a list of all native linux games and what digital platform sells them,etc
Ehvis May 24, 2020
There is a database on this site, but "all" is probably a tall order.

But the platforms that sell:

Steam (has most of them)
GOG (has a bunch of retro games that you don't find anywhere else)
itch.io (has some mostly smaller games that you may not find in other places)
Humblebundle (has a few stray linux builds of games that haven't been added to other stores. Like Torchlight)

Other than that, there are a few games that are sold on the dev websites only. Obviously there are key stores, but since those don't actually deliver the games, they don't really count. Especially since those do not actually register the platform of purchase and therefore don't advertise that Linux is actually used as a gaming platform.
mylka May 24, 2020
on_en_a_gros May 24, 2020
tuxdb is probably what you're looking for, it's hard to tell if all the games are listed, but there are a lot of them and from all the store.

Last edited by on_en_a_gros on 24 May 2020 at 1:03 pm UTC
mos May 24, 2020
There is not. Internet is your friend.
mos May 24, 2020
Quoting: mylkahttps://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=linux

i guess that covers 90%+
no idea re the percentage but I suspect going with this you'll miss quite a few important ones. Eg historic titles which have non-commercial engine reimplementation. Probably other cases as well.
OTOH this list got to be overloaded with forgettable indie Unity titles.
Install May 24, 2020
Quoting: on_en_a_grostuxdb is probably what you're looking for, it's hard to tell if all the games are listed, but there are a lot of them and from all the store.

Thanks. How do you know they are all native? Is there a way to tell?
damarrin May 24, 2020
The website says so.
on_en_a_gros May 24, 2020
Quoting: utx
Quoting: on_en_a_grostuxdb is probably what you're looking for, it's hard to tell if all the games are listed, but there are a lot of them and from all the store.

All the games should have a native Linux build wathever it's advertised or not, like some beta build. I think that the only way to be sure that all are available on Linux is to manually check.

I just realized that the open source game engine like openmw or open Ra, which are technically native games, are not listed.
GustyGhost May 24, 2020
A good start can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open-source_video_games

Support comes and goes, especially for proprietary titles, so I don't expect you will find any list that will have all (as of today) available games.
Install May 25, 2020
Quoting: on_en_a_gros
Quoting: utx

All the games should have a native Linux build wathever it's advertised or not, like some beta build. I think that the only way to be sure that all are available on Linux is to manually check.

I just realized that the open source game engine like openmw or open Ra, which are technically native games, are not listed.

ok cool. if I manually check what should i be looking for? in the requirements section if it says nothing extra then that means it's native?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.