Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Aquanox Deep Descent is out. Native version a possibility?
Page: «3/4»
  Go to:
Shmerl Oct 27, 2020
I tried playing with taskset, it didn't really help.

Last edited by Shmerl on 27 October 2020 at 4:17 am UTC
Julius Oct 31, 2020
Hmm, for me it seems to only run with Proton 5.9 (glorious eggroll) but crashes on start with Proton 5.13 (vanilla).
Shmerl Oct 31, 2020
It crashes half the time with latest Wine staging.
Shmerl Nov 19, 2020
FYI: It works pretty well now with latest Wine staging and dxvk.
Shmerl Nov 19, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887As for Aquanox I recorded some gameplay yesterday

Did you figure out how to select a secondary quest? Or you just need to head to the destination figuring it the location yourself?

Last edited by Shmerl on 19 November 2020 at 7:00 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Nov 19, 2020
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: Avehicle7887As for Aquanox I recorded some gameplay yesterday

Did you figure out how to select a secondary quest? Or you just need to head to the destination figuring it the location yourself?

I haven't played it much further than the recording. Been hooked on Shadows: Awakening
Shmerl Nov 20, 2020
I figured, to select a secondary mission, you need to press space on it in the journal. Clicking with the mouse doesn't activate it.
Shmerl Nov 22, 2020
Updated Wine to staging 5.22 and audio is completely messed up now, causing some weird static noise.
Avehicle7887 Nov 22, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlUpdated Wine to staging 5.22 and audio is completely messed up now, causing some weird static noise.

Have you tried to recompile wine with latest staging patches? There were some sound related commits past the 5.22 release.
Shmerl Nov 22, 2020
I see one patch was removed. I can try that.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.