Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
GOL is on route to create a new alternative "ProtonDB" ?
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
CatKiller Oct 20, 2020
Quoting: MohandevirStill, what's next for the whitelist?

With my rose-tinted crystal ball, get to a sufficient level of compatibility with the Steam catalogue, then relaunch SteamOS with cloud streaming of games in your library from their Linux servers. In Valve Time, though, of course.

QuoteI'm sure Valve has no intentions of relying on ProtonDB reports for that kind of stuff, though.

The Proton github is of the form of Compatibility Reports for each game, which directly leads to bugfixes, particularly for regressions. If something works at any point they definitely want to keep it working into the future.
Perkeleen_Vittupää Oct 30, 2020

Imagine when GTA V is put up there and really works flawlessly. And the possible media coverage for it!
Mohandevir Oct 30, 2020
Quoting: Perkeleen_Vittupää

Imagine when GTA V is put up there and really works flawlessly. And the possible media coverage for it!

Like when EGS was giving it for free?
Rooster Nov 5, 2020
I just found out that ProtonDB won't accept reports for a game which isn't listed in the store anymore. Which is a dum decision, which costed me 13e. Thanks ProtonDB.

If anyone is wondering why I am posting my frustration with the side here instead of sending feedback to them, well that is because the only way listed on their site to send the feedback is via Discord and Discord is cursed for me. It says that my account is unclaimed, but when I try to claim it, it says that the email I'm entering is already registered. And yeah, after some googling, I would probably found a solution, but I refuse to do that in order to send a feedback to ProtonDB.

So yeah, I very much support the idea of an alternative.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.