STEAM_RUNTIME is disabled by the user ?
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
Koopacabras Oct 21, 2020
but I was thinking if I were you I would remove all the libraries and utils (everything GUI) with pacman, and reinstall everything, you system has some library breakage, and it's very difficult sometimes to track that. Especially try removing everything nvidia related with all their dependencies and reinstalling them.
I don't know how do you remove every package except the base system in Arch.
Might be easier to just reinstall the whole system.
Or the other alternative is what I'm suggesting, keep using flatpak version of steam and maybe in some update in the coming weeks an update gets pulled and fixes your normal steam.
(also remove any third party repos if you are using one)

I think in arch (or Manjaro the same) there is a way to sync every package to the current system ISO installation, that would be an easier way to reinstall everything without nuking the partition.

Haven't used any arch based distro in ages, other distro have a "refresh install" like opensuse. I don't know if Manjaro has that.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 21 October 2020 at 10:30 am UTC
Tchey Oct 21, 2020
Alright, i’ve fixed my first issue not having Steam working anymore.

Can you believe it ?

i checked the nvidia drivers, reinstalled the last one (455 something) "just in case".
Reboot.
Working fine now.

All that just because something was wrong with the nvidia installation from the same driver...

Thanks for your efforts, at least i’ve learnt a little.
Koopacabras Oct 21, 2020
great!! sorry I kinda pointed you in the wrong direction but at least you learned how to install steam flatpak might come in handy some day cheers!
Xpander Oct 21, 2020
like i said.. the one message you posted SteamUpdateUI: An X Error occurred
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

indicated hard that you didnt have the 32bit drivers installed. steam stupidly still needs 32bit...

glad you got it sorted. I guess manjaro packaging failed
Tchey Oct 22, 2020
Quoting: Xpanderlike i said.. the one message you posted SteamUpdateUI: An X Error occurred
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

indicated hard that you didnt have the 32bit drivers installed. steam stupidly still needs 32bit...

glad you got it sorted. I guess manjaro packaging failed

Oh, sorry somehow i didn’t see your message, only the one after yours from The Aquabat. Thanks for your participation !

I didn’t specifically installed 32bits drivers, i only re-installed the one marked as installed on the drivers manager.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.