Is Desperados III a OpenGL or Vulkan game?
Page: «5/5
  Go to:
Koopacabras Nov 15, 2020
Quoting: kokoko3k
Quoting: The_AquabatBug squashed another one bites the dust with the Mighty Aquabat reverting af0435cbfe61632407ce135fbea9cab6fe1e4fb6 fixes the bug in master 😎😎😎

feels goods doing a contribution to Mesa as small as it is.
I did not understood well, but is the fix upstreamed right now )?

no the bug is not fixed yet, but I found the faulty commit at least, they have to rework some radeonsi buffer stuff because it is a commit that was reverted (some buffer code) because that commit introduced bugs in factorio and grid autosport, now that I think it over, it will take some weeks probably to fix, maybe I think with luck someone will create a fix for Mesa 20.3.1, I'm not a programmer just git bisected and found the faulty commit, so many times I failed with git bisect that nailing a faulty commit feels really good
(it is a commit that fixes some bugs in some games but breaks others so is not that easy to revert)

Last edited by Koopacabras on 15 November 2020 at 7:32 am UTC
Koopacabras Nov 15, 2020
or maybe it can be fixed easily just guessing here, it looks like they need to rework some buffer code, but I'm not a programmer, maybe it can be fixed with the 20.3 release?
but technically speaking it is fixed in my local git branch that was what I was saying really (just by reverting that commit), but no it is not fixed upstream yet.
x_wing Nov 16, 2020
Nice finding Aquabat! At least for now you can use your "patched" mesa libraries on Desperados III and play without problems.
Koopacabras Nov 16, 2020
Quoting: x_wingNice finding Aquabat! At least for now you can use your "patched" mesa libraries on Desperados III and play without problems.

Have played three missions already works flawlessly
Koopacabras Nov 18, 2020
if anyone is interested an AMD dev pointed me to a git branch that contains the fix besides other fixes that make the game run much faster clone it like this

git clone -b u_threaded_fix_3611 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pepp/mesa.git

also there is the latest commit you need to revert because it is WIP and unstable just like this
cd mesa
git revert 5f1434c9da4d771b2d14e19473e034721f0ec7f4

save with nano the text file exit and then compile with ninja and meson as usual.

I do it like this to only compile the radeonsi drivers

meson --prefix=/opt/radeon-git -Dgallium-drivers=radeonsi,swrast build-radeonsi
then

ninja -C build-radeonsi install

then you need to point the game to were the libraries are like this (add this to the launch option in steam)

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/radeon-git/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/opt/radeon-git/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri %command%

probably the fix is only needed for some navi gpus.
Koopacabras Dec 1, 2020
fix has been merged to the main branch of the amd developer so u only need to clone
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pepp/mesa.git

(no need to revert anything)

I think the merge request is pending to be merged to mesa stable cross your fingers maybe it makes it to 20.3 (but I don't think so probably 20.3.1)

Last edited by Koopacabras on 1 December 2020 at 4:26 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.