Join us on the Linux Gaming community on Lemmy, the federated open source alternative to Reddit.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Page: «3/7»
  Go to:
rustybroomhandle 25 Nov, 2020
Quoting: Ofca...although after playing a bit, some kind of timings seem to be off. The game plays slow. It's not frame rate, just everything seems slow compared to Windows on Geforce Now; did you notice anything similar?

Not sure. I did have something like this while vkd3d had logging enabled, but not since disabling that. It was not playable on Windows here because for some reason animations were glitching out, getting stuck in T-poses etc.
Ofca 25 Nov, 2020
I did have some debugging enabled, but turning it off didn't improve things. Oh well. I'll wait for few days for things to settle and if it persists, I'll give it a deeper look.
TuxThePenguin 25 Nov, 2020
Got it working using lutris

wine-tkg-staging-fsync-git-5.22.r2.g0ae73155-309-x86_64
vkd3d-proton git - build: 22794c67a4442af
NVidia Drivers 455.46.02

set the version of wine in lutris , disabled "dxvk/vkd3d" option in lutris so it will use the native one. and set it to use d3d12.dll native in winecfg

Tried it enough to benchmark high 50fps with my setup on medium/high settings. Will try actually playing it tonight.

Last edited by TuxThePenguin on 25 November 2020 at 4:07 pm UTC
TuxThePenguin 26 Nov, 2020
Unfortunately after some testing benchmark works great, but crashes out when starting a game
Ofca 27 Nov, 2020
Interesting. I've read the same report on reddit. Could you try beginning your game on geforce now (it can be done for free), and then attempt loading a save of a game already in progress on your local box?
TuxThePenguin 27 Nov, 2020
Tried that , got a little way in , saved it and started locally. Crashed out after the loading bit immediately ( animus as a boy ) Unhandled page fault on read access
Ofca 27 Nov, 2020
Try with https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/releases/download/5.21-GE-1/Proton-5.21-GE-1.tar.gz - I've confirmed that it works with this runner and vkd3d dropped in to AC Valhalla's directory (64 bit version d3d12.dll)
TuxThePenguin 27 Nov, 2020
GloriousEggroll's version breaks identically :-)
Ofca 27 Nov, 2020
Then I don't know what's different. I'm using drivers 455.45.01, although I doubt newer drivers would cause the breakage. My Lutris settings are pretty much default: Proton-5.21-GE-1 as runner, Esync on, Fsync off (my stock 5.9.0 kernel doesn't support that)
Ofca 27 Nov, 2020
Quoting: TuxThePenguin455.46.02
Hmm... Turns out my doubts were misplaced. It would seem that problem lays within beta drivers and you may want to try the stable ones. At least according to one of redditors.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone with no article paywalls. We also don't have tons of adverts, there's also no tracking and we respect your privacy. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.