Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Page: «3/5»
  Go to:
TuxThePenguin Nov 27, 2020
Tried that , got a little way in , saved it and started locally. Crashed out after the loading bit immediately ( animus as a boy ) Unhandled page fault on read access
Ofca Nov 27, 2020
Try with https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/releases/download/5.21-GE-1/Proton-5.21-GE-1.tar.gz - I've confirmed that it works with this runner and vkd3d dropped in to AC Valhalla's directory (64 bit version d3d12.dll)
GloriousEggroll's version breaks identically :-)
Ofca Nov 27, 2020
Then I don't know what's different. I'm using drivers 455.45.01, although I doubt newer drivers would cause the breakage. My Lutris settings are pretty much default: Proton-5.21-GE-1 as runner, Esync on, Fsync off (my stock 5.9.0 kernel doesn't support that)
Ofca Nov 27, 2020
Quoting: TuxThePenguin455.46.02
Hmm... Turns out my doubts were misplaced. It would seem that problem lays within beta drivers and you may want to try the stable ones. At least according to one of redditors.
fearnflavio Nov 27, 2020
Quoting: OfcaThen I don't know what's different. I'm using drivers 455.45.01, although I doubt newer drivers would cause the breakage. My Lutris settings are pretty much default: Proton-5.21-GE-1 as runner, Esync on, Fsync off (my stock 5.9.0 kernel doesn't support that)

For me, it runs on stable drivers without crashes. I was trying yesterday with the beta one and it was running the benchmark but was crashing when loading or starting a new game.

I have an RTX 2060 by the way. On Manjaro and with latest 5.9 kernel.

And also, it works with the proton 5.21 from gloriousEggroll as well. To be honest, the only thing that I think is necessary is to build the vkd3d dlls from the latest master and put on the game folder or on system32 and syswow64 of your wineprefix.
Ofca Nov 27, 2020
Quoting: fearnflavioTo be honest, the only thing that I think is necessary is to build the vkd3d dlls from the latest master

Yes. This won't be needed once GE decides to release new version, since he updates VKD3D all the time ;)
will try tonight
Quoting: Ofca
Quoting: TuxThePenguin455.46.02
Hmm... Turns out my doubts were misplaced. It would seem that problem lays within beta drivers and you may want to try the stable ones. At least according to one of redditors.

Yep works with 455.45.01. Ironic, as I'd chosen the beta driver for better Vulkan support.
Kilgourian Nov 28, 2020
Hi guys,
I've been following forum posts, and trying to get the game to work, but I keep getting the following error message:
This message shows up at the first splash screen..

=====================================
Non-DX12 Video Card
Unable to initialize graphics system. GPU does not support DX12.
=====================================

I'm currently running a Radeon 5700xt so I'm pretty sure the hardware is not the issue. I was able to clone and compile the d3d12.dll for both 32 and 64bit drivers from https://github.com/HansKristian-Work/vkd3d-proton repo. I tried both the master and the ac-valhalla branch but I get the same message for both.

I have the Proton-5.21-GE-1 runner installed, with the DXVK/VKD3D disabled in Lutris. I've copied the d3d12.dll (64bit) to the Assassins Creed Valhalla and SysWoW64 directories. I've also copied the d3d12.dll (32bit) to the System32 directory. I feel like I'm missing something simple to get passed this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks..
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.