You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Civ 6 Multiplayer not working
ShinyaOsen Jan 24, 2021
So I bought Civ 6 on steam because of vietnam coming out next week but I cant access internet unified pc play which I need to connect to my friends on epic. After searching the internet a bit it looks like multiplayer on mac/linux brake like every other patch (probably exaggerating). I tried the work around from here but it didn't work. What I want to know is there a work around for this that I'm missing what iv tried:
Use the epic version (grey screen on start up after launcher)
Steam version though proton (Launcher won't work)
The work around I listed but edited for the new game version (I think I got it right)

Do my all friends need the have the steam version to or just one other?
How often does multiplayer brake because this is a really annoying issue?
Am I being dumb and missing something really simple?
Liam Dawe Jan 24, 2021
The Linux version ported by Aspyr Media does not support playing with Epic users, but it does support Linux/mac/Windows on Steam.
ShinyaOsen Jan 24, 2021
Quoting: Liam DaweThe Linux version ported by Aspyr Media does not support playing with Epic users, but it does support Linux/mac/Windows on Steam.
Well that sucks guess I have to use windows then because all my friends have the epic version.
Liam Dawe Jan 24, 2021
It absolutely sucks but it might be the only solution I'm afraid. Not sure why Aspyr Media don't support it, since Epic's online services do support Linux and Barony has it hooked up so it is absolutely possible.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.