Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Non-Debian Distro for Gaming?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Hamish Jan 1, 2014
Well, I did say a rolling release may not be your cup of tea. Although, I am curious to know what ZDaemon is doing to make it bork over something as low level as a kernel version. 
cr0ne Jan 3, 2014
Quoting: Quote from HamishWell, I did say a rolling release may not be your cup of tea. Although, I am curious to know what ZDaemon is doing to make it bork over something as low level as a kernel version. 
I did not preserve the error message but it was literally something out of whack such as a segfault. Note that even on Mint 15/16 I have ZDaemon crashes unless I run on fullscreen mode. ZDaemon has always been pretty finicky for me w/ my hardware (running a GTX 570 and x64) in wine so it's probably a matter of time before a Mint upgrade breaks it. It's a shame because for finding casual Doom deathmath or capture-the-flag in these days you can always find a game in ZDaemon unlike any of the native Linux ports.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.