Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Painkiller: Hell And Damnation
godlike Jan 4, 2014
Hi all,

I bought Painkiller: Hell And Damnation on steam sales and I thought I'd drop a word on how it plays. On my nVidia 560TI rig it plays smoothly at 1920x1080 and everything maxed out. Until now, no frame drops even with many enemies on the screen.

A few minor issues that I encountered are
- some crashes when you change some graphics settings,
- some UI elements disappearing (sliders) when interacting with them,
- some post-processing artifacts on the right and bottom parts of the screen,

People often mention slow loading times but I find them OK. Not fast but not to the point the get annoying.

As for the game it's a brainless old school shooter with tons of things to kill and nice weapons to do so. I find it quite fun.
HadBabits Jan 5, 2014
There's a game on my list once I have enough money for my new gaming PC (so long AMD!) :)
oldrocker99 Feb 4, 2014
Runs perfectly well on my AMD 965/nVidia 650ti/16GB RAM for the last 3 months, and people with ATI cards are just now beginning to get the game running.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.