You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
"Your PC information hasn't been updated in a few months - be sure to keep it up to date! "
Page: «4/6»
  Go to:
slaapliedje 7 days ago
Quoting: x_wing
Quoting: slaapliedjeWait until they're on crazy sales. I got my monitor for 800 after tax, and it's normally ~1200 on Amazon. It's a ThinkVision P44w-10

Unfortunately that's not how it works in Argentina. One week before the prices go up around 40% and the next week you get a 50% discount. So, 10% discount if you're lucky.
Ugh, I've seen crap like that. Always irritates me when I see it. Or the big trick of giving you a low price... but then shipping and handling is absurdly high.
vv221 6 days ago
Quoting: slaapliedjeI shouldn't talk about monitors, as I'm rocking a 144hz 3840x1200 monster...
I’m probably the last one here still using a 19" 1280×1024 75Hz screen

By the way, it has gotten a bit hard to play on it in the last years. A lot of games pretend to support 4:3/5:4 display ratios, but what they really do is to render some 16:9 picture then crop it to fit the real display surface. So part of the game interface on the sides of the screen can be fully missing.

For these games I have to fall back to windowed 1280×720, and it is starting to get a bit small on a 19" screen.
furaxhornyx 5 days ago
Quoting: vv221I’m probably the last one here still using a 19" 1280×1024 75Hz screen

Well, I still use mine as secondary monitor for things like Discord, Skype,...

Problem is that, since it is "only" 75Hz, it caps my main monitor at 75Hz too, although it is capable of 144Hz (and even 180Hz in overclocked mode)... that's one of the thing I regret from when I was on Windows 7
Arehandoro 5 days ago
I managed to grab a Ryzen 5 5600X over a month ago. Lately, the thought of upgrading to a Ray Tracing capable GPU has started to creep up on me, but until prices go down, and the drivers support it natively, I will probably wait. VR also interests me, but can't honestly justify its price at the moment.

Last edited by Arehandoro on 8 April 2021 at 8:44 am UTC
Shmerl 4 days ago
Quoting: slaapliedjeAnyone else actually able to upgrade their PC in the last few months?

Nope. It's impossible to buy anything since AMD released new CPUs and GPUs last November. Especially GPUs. Still waiting to get the non existent Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT. I don't really get how some write they bought something like that. Must be pure random luck since these cards seem to be produced in single digits.

Last edited by Shmerl on 9 April 2021 at 2:29 am UTC
egon2003 2 days ago
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: slaapliedjeAnyone else actually able to upgrade their PC in the last few months?

Nope. It's impossible to buy anything since AMD released new CPUs and GPUs last November. Especially GPUs. Still waiting to get the non existent Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT. I don't really get how some write they bought something like that. Must be pure random luck since these cards seem to be produced in single digits.

I got my 6800XT from reading local forums and following the "in stock" threads, stocks come in regularly but you have to be very fast when they do show up in stock.
Shmerl 2 days ago
Quoting: egon2003I got my 6800XT from reading local forums and following the "in stock" threads, stocks come in regularly but you have to be very fast when they do show up in stock.

I can't even find the model that I want anywhere - Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT. Not really interested in stock models and custom ones are impossible to buy.

Last edited by Shmerl on 11 April 2021 at 7:47 am UTC
egon2003 2 days ago
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: egon2003I got my 6800XT from reading local forums and following the "in stock" threads, stocks come in regularly but you have to be very fast when they do show up in stock.

I can't even find the model that I want anywhere - Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT. Not really interested in stock models and custom ones are impossible to buy.

That's the one I was lucky to get. If you want a Sapphire 6800 XT I would say buy any brand you can get for now and sell it later if you can get your hands on a Sapphire or you might have to wait a long time.
Duck Hunt-Pr0 2 days ago
Quoting: slaapliedjeThat's because you can't buy any new hardware!

Why do you need new hardware? What purpose would it fulfill for you? Is your current hardware somehow in any way lacking in ability of serving your needs and expectations?

Get functional hardware..

Let me be blunt; If your need is simply to aquire the "newest and latest" expensive f%cling sh!t , you aught to seriously reconsider your priorities. If only for the sake of the contents in your wallet and your personal economy.

(i'm not saying that is your mentality, i don't know you or your computing requirements. But there's plenty of people who think that way. Commonly referred to as "Materialists / Consumerists")

Last edited by Duck Hunt-Pr0 on 11 April 2021 at 10:15 am UTC
Shmerl 2 days ago
Quoting: egon2003That's the one I was lucky to get.

Where did you buy it? I can't find any listing for it except on Amazon where it's always not available.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Latest Forum Posts