Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
"Your PC information hasn't been updated in a few months - be sure to keep it up to date! "
Page: «8/8
  Go to:
Shmerl May 19, 2021
Got my Ryzen 9 5900X after all, but getting a 6000 series GPU is still impossible.
slaapliedje May 20, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlGot my Ryzen 9 5900X after all, but getting a 6000 series GPU is still impossible.
Ha, so was playing Valheim last night. We built a boar farm, and it made the game lag. Weird thing was, mangohud was reporting that GPU usage was only about 40% and cpu was less than 15%. But it dropped to 25-30fps! Only thing I could think of was the engine itself (Unity) just couldn't handle that many objects.
Liam Dawe May 20, 2021
Quoting: slaapliedjeHa, so was playing Valheim last night. We built a boar farm, and it made the game lag. Weird thing was, mangohud was reporting that GPU usage was only about 40% and cpu was less than 15%. But it dropped to 25-30fps! Only thing I could think of was the engine itself (Unity) just couldn't handle that many objects.
Unity isn't exactly known for being the most optimized game engine around :P. Not surprising really.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.