Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Your next/last game purchase?
Page: «2/9»
  Go to:
tweakedenigma Aug 31, 2010
Re: Your next planned game purchase?

Quoting: liamdaweEach game has the language listed on it's page, i don't see what the problem is with that?

Don't I feel foolish now, Didn't even notice they had it listed under data sheet. Guess I might need to place an order tonight.
Rustybolts Aug 31, 2010

I've bought a few games lately namely:-
Doom3
World of goo
Darwinia
Uplink
H-craft
Eschalon book 1
Eschalon book 2
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru
Penumbra 1
Penumbra 2
Penumbra 3
Caster
Bullet Candy Perfect
Machinarium
And yet it moves
Osmos
Defcon
Darwinia and the Eschalon series has been the best from this selection and so my next planned purchase will be book 3 when it is made. I am sure I will buy something else before it though as and when games become available.
H-craft and Caster would of been up there with my favourite purchases but Caster is too short (episode 2 not released yet), H-craft plays very nice but is lacking weaponry.
I am sure I would of enjoyed the Penumbra series but unfortunately random crashes have spoiled it for me.
Liam Dawe Aug 31, 2010

Quoting: RustyboltsI've bought a few games lately namely:-
Doom3
World of goo
Darwinia
Uplink
H-craft
Eschalon book 1
Eschalon book 2
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru
Penumbra 1
Penumbra 2
Penumbra 3
Caster
Bullet Candy Perfect
Machinarium
And yet it moves
Osmos
Defcon
Darwinia and the Eschalon series has been the best from this selection and so my next planned purchase will be book 3 when it is made. I am sure I will buy something else before it though as and when games become available.
H-craft and Caster would of been up there with my favourite purchases but Caster is too short (episode 2 not released yet), H-craft plays very nice but is lacking weaponry.
I am sure I would of enjoyed the Penumbra series but unfortunately random crashes have spoiled it for me.

My god man, i seem like a bit of a cheap skate next to you now!

That's a pretty impressive list...makes me want to go spend more money now...gah!
Hamish Aug 31, 2010

Quoting: MaximBI never liked HL1, it's been ages since I played it (about 10 years or so...), but I always preferred Doom2 ;)

I've already bought Book2 and pre ordered Amnesia long time ago, also I want to buy "One Unit Whole Blood" from GOG, I hear it runs on DOSBOX ;)

So I did manage to convince you to try out GOG in the end did I Maxim? I really do hope they do start shipping versions with the Linux version of Dosbox as well, as they are supposed to be considering it. That way no one would have to mess about and it would count as a Linux sale.

I have many fond memories of playing Doom 2 when I first figured out how to get PrBoom from the Fedora Repositroy, good times...
Hamish Aug 31, 2010

Quoting: RustyboltsI am sure I would of enjoyed the Penumbra series but unfortunately random crashes have spoiled it for me.

What kind of crashes are you experiencing? What is your graphics setup, and what version of Penumbra are you running?
Rustybolts Aug 31, 2010

Quoting: Hamish
Quoting: RustyboltsI am sure I would of enjoyed the Penumbra series but unfortunately random crashes have spoiled it for me.

What kind of crashes are you experiencing? What is your graphics setup, and what version of Penumbra are you running?

When it crashes (not frequent to intermediately frequent) it just freezes and I have to resort to a hard reset.
Version 1.03 my laptop graphics and where the problem lies is a intel gma4500m which is unfortunately unchangeable, the laptop was not my choice and was a Christmas present from my wife. Need to break it to her at some point without upsetting her that I need a new laptop. ;)
tweakedenigma Sep 1, 2010

Quoting: RustyboltsI've bought a few games lately namely:-
Doom3
World of goo
Darwinia
Uplink
H-craft
Eschalon book 1
Eschalon book 2
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru
Penumbra 1
Penumbra 2
Penumbra 3
Caster
Bullet Candy Perfect
Machinarium
And yet it moves
Osmos
Defcon

That is quite the List, I have:

And Yet is Moves
Gish
Aquaria
Osmos
World Of Goo
Bullet Candy Perfect
Irukandji
Galcon Fusion
on the rain slick precipice of darkness Episode 1
on the rain slick precipice of darkness Episode 2
Punumbra: Overture
Vendetta Online (pay for monthly subscription)
Lugaru
Postal
Postal 2
Postal 2 Apocalypse Weekend
ET: Quake Wars
Samorost 2
MaximB Sep 1, 2010

Quoting: Hamish
Quoting: MaximBI never liked HL1, it's been ages since I played it (about 10 years or so...), but I always preferred Doom2 ;)

I've already bought Book2 and pre ordered Amnesia long time ago, also I want to buy "One Unit Whole Blood" from GOG, I hear it runs on DOSBOX ;)

So I did manage to convince you to try out GOG in the end did I Maxim? I really do hope they do start shipping versions with the Linux version of Dosbox as well, as they are supposed to be considering it. That way no one would have to mess about and it would count as a Linux sale.

I have many fond memories of playing Doom 2 when I first figured out how to get PrBoom from the Fedora Repositroy, good times...

Well yesterday I did buy Blood1 : One Unit Whole Blood - and even installed it.
But the sound quality sucks (It took me 10 minutes to check all the sound cards and find the only one that works, and it sucks) and the game doesn't run smoothly (it actually runs too fast).

I didn't know this thread was about what games have you already bought...
I surly don't remember all the GNU/Linux games I bought but here are some :

Bought :
World of goo
Eschalon book 1
Eschalon book 2
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru
Penumbra Trilogy
Caster 1
Machinarium
Osmos
Galcon Fusion
on the rain slick precipice of darkness Episode 1
Postal X
Samorost 2
Heroes Of Newerth
Sacred Gold
Prey
Mad Skills Motocross
Chicken Invaders: Revenge of the Yolk + Christmas Edition
Chicken Invaders: The Next Wave + Christmas Edition
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds Survivor
QuantZ
Hacker Evolution : Untold
Sleep Is Death
Cold War
Knights and Merchants

Preordered :
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Hacker Evolution Duality
Achron
Revenge of the Titans
Overgrowth
Natural Selection 2

That's all I can remember at the moment, maybe there are more ;)

P.S
How many Windows games I legally bought ? ONE !
Yesterday : One Unit Whole Blood
I admit that when I was a Windows user I was a huge game "pirate", but GNU/Linux cured me so much that I sometimes buy games that I almost never play afterward just to show support.
tweakedenigma Sep 1, 2010

Guess I shouldn't be surprised that you have so many MaximB.

As for Windows games I have 2 its hard for me to give up Starcraft and Diablo.
Hamish Sep 1, 2010

Quoting: MaximBI admit that when I was a Windows user I was a huge game "pirate", but GNU/Linux cured me so much that I sometimes buy games that I almost never play afterward just to show support.

And yet many Windows users still believe that, since we use a free operating system, Linux users will never buy games or any other software legitimately. There is actually a move in India at the moment where the management of IT firms and the like want to switch to Linux just to show that they are actually using legitimate software, since software piracy is practically endemic in South Asia. So if you use Windows it is naturally assumed that you pirated it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.