Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Elden Ring gamepad support?
slaapliedje Mar 7, 2022
I've tried getting Elden Ring to work with my game pad (Steam Controller or Thrustmaster eSwap Pro X (using the xone driver) and so far it just ignores anything pressed on the game pad. Anyone else have this issue? Or what game controller are you using? (I have many I can try).
libgradev Mar 7, 2022
Steam Controller is working just fine here... didn't take any special steps.

Last edited by libgradev on 7 March 2022 at 12:00 pm UTC
slaapliedje Mar 7, 2022
I did manage to get it working. A hint guide I found on Steam mentioned enabling the gamepad profile for Desktop.
ageres Mar 8, 2022
It seems that Steam thinks the EAC window (that flashes just before the game runs) is the main game window, thus no Steam overlay and no controller support. I have this problem with GE-Proton7-8 as well, but Proton-7.3-GE-1 works fine.
slaapliedje Mar 8, 2022
Quoting: ageresIt seems that Steam thinks the EAC window (that flashes just before the game runs) is the main game window, thus no Steam overlay and no controller support. I have this problem with GE-Proton7-8 as well, but Proton-7.3-GE-1 works fine.
Interesting. I noticed between the time I initially loaded it up, and when I tried it a second time, that the Online agreement thing worked. And I see the ghosts roaming around.

Ha, the notes people leave tend to be more annoying than useful... is there a way to turn that off?
ageres Mar 9, 2022
I switched the game to offline and don't see any ghosts or notes.
slaapliedje Mar 9, 2022
Quoting: ageresI switched the game to offline and don't see any ghosts or notes.
I should do that. They kind of distract.
damarrin Mar 9, 2022
Ghosts are debatable, but the messages were genuinely helpful in Demon’s and Dark. Everyone was discovering this new wonder together and help was very valuable.

Now that it’s mainstream, there will be more people trying to be funny or downright harmful to others.
slaapliedje Mar 9, 2022
Quoting: damarrinGhosts are debatable, but the messages were genuinely helpful in Demon’s and Dark. Everyone was discovering this new wonder together and help was very valuable.

Now that it’s mainstream, there will be more people trying to be funny or downright harmful to others.
Yeah, the signs in Hellpoint pretty much made that game winnable. Though we (played it with my brother) still didn't get the final ending. That game was very good (outside of some of the bugs, I would have said it was amazing except that (played on the PS4).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.