Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
How's your verification percentage?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Eike May 6, 2022
I had my first false positive moving from Unsupported directly to Verified today, Owlboy.
peta77 May 7, 2022
Verified: 42 (11.8%)
Playable: 40 (11.24%)
Unsupported: 39 (10.96%)
Unknown: 235 (66.01%)

Quite even distribution for all categories for the tested ones.....
Mezron May 7, 2022
Quoting: EikeSo you've got only six games on Steam? And all of them are verified now? How cool! :D

7 now - Tails of Iron was picked up.
Mine is:
Verified: 19
Playable: 25
Unsupported: 4
Untested: 175

I don't have my deck yet so I can't test whether any of the untested ones are false positives. However, three of them are native Linux games that work on my AMD-based Mint desktop, so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually worked. The fourth unsupported one is Valve's "The Lab" VR-only demo.

Note: While I have occasionally downloaded free-to-play Windows-only games, I have never paid for a Steam game that didn't have native Linux support at the time I paid for it.
Eike May 16, 2022
I got two false positives promoted to Playable lately, Risk of Rain and CoD: Black Ops (one of AFAIR three games I had on Windows before going Linux only).
slaapliedje May 19, 2022
I have like 371-ish that are verified and 801 under playable. Granted that's out of like 3200 games...

What I want to know is... why is the Fantasy Grounds Classic considered Verified, but Fantasy Grounds Unity is 'playable' but trying to actually get the license keys into FGC is pretty much impossible with just the Steam Deck... Pretty sure that one is marked 100% wrong...

Has anyone seen a way to even get to the CD Keys on the Deck?

Edit: Sure I could do it in Desktop Mode, but I would think 'verified' means it shouldn't require that.

Last edited by slaapliedje on 19 May 2022 at 4:36 pm UTC
Eike Jul 15, 2022
I got 50% checked now in my library (a moving target of course). The library should be about 95% native games.

VERIFIED: 97 games (26.22%)
PLAYABLE: 72 games (19.46%)
UNSUPPORTED: 17 games (4.59%)
UNKNOWN: 184 games (49.73%)

Of the 17 unsupported games, 14 are "Valve is still working on adding support". I've seen some games promoted from this state: Papers Please, Superliminal, Risk of Rain, Owlboy, Outlast and Call Of Duty Black Ops I & II. The other three are HL Alyx (VR), Insurgency (Anti-cheat) and, funnily, Virtual Programming's Bioschock Ininite "port" ("This game's graphics settings cannot be configured to run well on Steam Deck").

Last edited by Eike on 15 July 2022 at 4:20 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.